Home

EA Sports Creates FIFA 09 Ultimate Team

This is a discussion on EA Sports Creates FIFA 09 Ultimate Team within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports Creates FIFA 09 Ultimate Team

Read the full press release, right here.

Quote:
"Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) today announced the development of a unique, downloadable game mode called FIFA 09 Ultimate Team that will deliver a strategic new online experience to the award-winning EA SPORTS™ FIFA Soccer 09 on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system. FIFA 09 Ultimate Team challenges gamers to collect or create the most talented soccer players in the world, develop them into a fantasy team and then compete online against a legion of challengers to be crowned the ultimate team.

Winner of 25 international game quality awards, FIFA Soccer 09 is the most popular EA SPORTS game played online*. Over 141 million games of FIFA Soccer 09 have been played on the PLAYSTATION 3 and Xbox 360 by gamers connected online since the game’s European launch on Sept. 25, 2008. An average of 1.25 million games are played online daily, which is a 321 percent increase over FIFA Soccer 08. FIFA 09 Ultimate Team expands the FIFA Soccer 09 online experience by delivering the ultimate fantasy in club soccer to the record number of individuals playing while connected online.

“Online is the next great frontier in sports gaming. We are seeing a record number of individuals globally playing FIFA Soccer 09 online so we are focused on developing games that maximize the online experience,” said Andrew Wilson, Vice President & Executive Producer for the franchise. “A dedicated team developed FIFA 09 Ultimate Team and they have created a game within the game, delivering a strategic new way to play FIFA Soccer 09 that will create hundreds of additional hours of playing time."

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP / NDS / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: EA Sports Creates FIFA 09 Ultimate Team

Awesome! As long as the price is reasonable.

I loved the mode in the 2007 Champions League game and I was wondering if the would release that game again this year since they didn't have a Euro game to put out. Seriously, I am pumped, I loved that mode aside from the problem with online games and the whole our roster dosen't match your's problem.

I learned so much about the other leagues doing that mode and now presumably opening it up to all teams is great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »