Home

FIFA 09 Ultimate Team: Producer Blog #1

This is a discussion on FIFA 09 Ultimate Team: Producer Blog #1 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 09 Ultimate Team: Producer Blog #1

Welcome to the FIFA 09 Ultimate Team blog. Over the next few weeks I’ll try to give you an in depth look at our new FIFA 09 Ultimate Team mode for FIFA 09 so check back regularly here for updates. FIFA 09 Ultimate Team will be available to everyone who owns FIFA 09 on PS3 and X360. A title update will be available on March 19th so all you will need to do is start up FIFA 09 on, or anytime after that date, and update the game. Once updated, you’ll see the ultimate team menu item in the main menu. Selecting it will enable you to select the language (English, French, German, Italian & Spanish) and will trigger the download. The download will be around 1.3 gigs and it’s free to everyone. With the download you receive a 5-match trial of the game, and if you like it, you’ll be able to purchase it at the end of the trial.

Read More - FIFA 09 Ultimate Team: Producer Blog #1

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: FIFA 09 Ultimate Team: Producer Blog #1

I really can't say how interested in this I am.

On the one hand it's my favorite thing to do in professional sports games to play fantasy teams (usually by way of a fantasy draft) and go at it that way.

On the other hand, I don't know that I want to shell out more money for something that, IMO, should be the kind of thing that would make a killer inclusion the game out of the box.

Right now I'd say I'm leaning towards not getting it, but I'll be interested to see what comes up in these blogs and then how people like it once it's released.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I'd love to see a Master League type mode or user control over friendlies in the Manager mode affecting the economic system. I'm just not a fan of premium content that one could argue should just be part of the retail package. Most of us fork over $60 or $120 a year to have the game on one or two systems, so I think we deserve a little extra.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

I love this game. I'm not even much of a soccer fan but it so fun and immersive that I find myself playing this title more than any other.

However, I am fundamentally opposed to paying for extra content and won't even consider it. Frankly, it's a sham. Really a sleazy, greedy way for these companies to make a few extra bucks off loyal customers who already shell out hundreds of dollars a year on games that typically have only marginal enhancements from year to year.

They should be embarrassed for charging for this. And I hope it fails miserably. Why encourage this sort of practice?

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 02-18-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

tough crowd,

i dont like fantasy stuff, and this is a rehash or the gimmick they used un a uefa football game a few yrs back,

its interesting but not going to pay for this.

a patch to the game's engine is needed i am curious to see if that is addressed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2009, 08:14 PM   #6
Rookie

btown12's Arena

OVR: 17
This seems just like Baseball Boss...but for Fifa instead.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5
I'm not opposed to paying for an additional game mode that may extend the life of the game (I'm playing the hell out of it as it is). I don't know if I'd pay more than $10, but I like the fact that there is an attempt to freshen up the title without having to wait until October.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:01 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
I really liked this feature in the UEFA Franchise a few years ago. I am a PES guy, but this mode is persuading me to give a FIFA 09 a shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »