Home

FIFA 09 Ultimate Team Release Thread

This is a discussion on FIFA 09 Ultimate Team Release Thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #17
Rookie

canes2008's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: FIFA 09 Ultimate Team Release Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminKG21
Too bad it sounds like the whole thin is crumbling around itself with server problems, DL problems and bugs and glitches galore. Not to mention the fact that since people can buy up great teams, playing online is crap because you'll run into guys with 5* teams that they did nothing but shell out cash to get.

How is the offline portion of this mode? I ask because if it's good, that's what I'll play mostly, if not I porbably won't bother even getting it.
OK I'm a little confused do we use actual money or is it in game credit to get good players
Old 03-20-2009, 07:13 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

You can pay money for packs of cards, so some people are just shelling about 15 or so bucks to buy a team, totally defeating the purpose of the game.

This server crap is an absolute joke, the problem stems from the fact that the entire UT game runs through the servers, even CPU games. So everybody that is playing takes up space on the server... they could simplify things by just letting you play UT offline vs. the CPU, if thats possible without it being a much bigger download, becasue I'm not touching an online game with all the stories of people alread having 5* teams, until I've built one of my own.

The embarassing part for EA is that this money grab is affecting general online play and blowing up in their faces, with that said once things are sorted out, I'm buying it.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagnant
You can pay money for packs of cards, so some people are just shelling about 15 or so bucks to buy a team, totally defeating the purpose of the game.

This server crap is an absolute joke, the problem stems from the fact that the entire UT game runs through the servers, even CPU games. So everybody that is playing takes up space on the server... they could simplify things by just letting you play UT offline vs. the CPU, if thats possible without it being a much bigger download, becasue I'm not touching an online game with all the stories of people alread having 5* teams, until I've built one of my own.

The embarassing part for EA is that this money grab is affecting general online play and blowing up in their faces, with that said once things are sorted out, I'm buying it.
You're 100% right.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:23 PM   #20
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagnant
Doesn't each player have a built in contract so they are good for only a certain number of games? If so wouldn't that mean these idiots are going to have to shell out another $15 in a five-seven games when all the contract expire.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:59 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

I’m only game into this, but so far I am totally confused.

Plan on watching the videos tonight and hopefully things get cleared up.

For instance, after I bought a new pack and discarded the ones I thought were useless, I learned about the collection aspect.

Hopefully it all starts to make sense…

One thing that does irk me a bit is that it seems to have reverted back to the UEFA game the mode was taken from (some of the presentation and the announcers), rather than doing something new. And the new celebrations are rubbish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn
I’m only game into this, but so far I am totally confused.

Plan on watching the videos tonight and hopefully things get cleared up.

For instance, after I bought a new pack and discarded the ones I thought were useless, I learned about the collection aspect.

Hopefully it all starts to make sense…
Basically you discard when your trade pile is filled up, or if you have a card that you can't add to your collections (Ex. Gameplay Cards, Coach Cards, etc.)
Old 03-21-2009, 05:09 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

if you guys were wondering it's---
20 microsot poins for bronze packs
40 i think for silver
80 for gold

kindaa cheap
Old 03-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #24
Rookie

BigPoppa17211's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ570
if you guys were wondering it's---
20 microsot poins for bronze packs
40 i think for silver
80 for gold

kindaa cheap
Yeah, its $0.25, $0.50, and $0.99 on the PSN. Overall Im totally addicted to this mode. Well worth the $10 to addon. Maybe its because its bringing back into my youth when me and my buddies would save our allowance and when we could, bike over to the local convenience store to buy all the hockey/baseball cards we could. Nothing beats the moment when you open that pack of cards and finally get that player you've been looking for!

The management aspect is pretty cool too. It forces you to make some tough decisions as you can only hang onto so many types of cards. For example, do i discard the "training" card in order to keep a "contract" card, or an "injury repair" card. Stuff like that makes for some interesting strategies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »