Home

FIFA 09 Ultimate Team Release Thread

This is a discussion on FIFA 09 Ultimate Team Release Thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
Rookie

mdbussen's Arena

OVR: 6
FIFA 09 Ultimate Team Release Thread

Anybody else played it yet? I downloaded and played it some this morning before the EA servers crashed... Here are my cursory thoughts so far:

+ Great depth of gameplay and customizability - so many players that I have bought 3 bronze packs so far and don't think I recognize any of my players at all! This is the way it should be - it will take a significant investment of time/points before you can acquire any superstars.

+ Lots of trophies and titles to be won - I haven't been able to enter any tournaments yet because you need to build up a certain number of "skill points" - basically your level of experience with the game mode - before you can enter any tournies.

- Some dumb cards - particularly there are special "cheat" type cards that you can get which give your players more speed or strength for 30 min in a match or something like that. I've also heard that there are cards that can give players yellow or red cards too. Seems kind of unnecessary to me so I wish there was a way to turn it off.

- EA servers have to be available for you to even enter the game mode - seems like really poor planning on EAs part. You can't even play offline games or look at your cards if you can't connect to the EA server! Hopefully this will be patched in a later release because right now it is terribly annoying as EA servers are crashing every hour
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 09 Ultimate Team Release Thread

Can’t wait to try this out!

Has anyone else heard that the patch for this mode also brings trophy support for the PS3? I saw this in passing on another site before the mode was released.

Edit: Just had a chance to download the update and it does indeed bring trophy support. Nice!

Last edited by greenhorn; 03-19-2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Confirmed!
Old 03-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14

Downloaded the add-on, downloaded a patch, now what?

I have entered the mode and nothing is happening. I imagine
the EA Servers are at capacity. I have already had to quit to
the dashboard once, trying again to see if I can get this going.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
Rookie

mdbussen's Arena

Yeah unfortunately there is a problem with the servers at the moment: Link
Old 03-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Yeah, I tried to get on and play some this morning after the download and could only get as far as naming my team.

I loved this mode in the Champions League game but it had the same issue with having to be connected to the servers. So if you made any changes and you dropped off the server and tried to play the next day you would lose your progress to the last point that you were on the servers. On multiple occasions I lost some major players and it eventually caused me to quit playing.

I personally don't get why you have to be connected to the server. I could care less if it allows people to cheat, I'd rather allow people cheat their way to awesome teams than me losing the progress I've made because their server messed up or my internet connection dropped. Anyone know why you have to be connected to the servers for this mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #6
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

You probably have to be connected to the servers so EA can turn it off when they release FIFA10 and make you buy it all over again.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #7
Rookie

ak1knight's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
You probably have to be connected to the servers so EA can turn it off when they release FIFA10 and make you buy it all over again.
Didn't you hear? It's not cool to dis EA anymore.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:05 PM   #8
Rookie

Just got my first game in after a few unsuccessful attempts to connect with the servers when I got home. I drew 1-1, and I've never heard of any of my players... thats not a problem but the fact that I haev a ton of backs but no subs for my strikers or midfielders sucks.

From what I can tell you don't manually save your progress after each game, it's automatically saved. So unless I can't find the save screen, I guess that means that you have to be connected to the server to save your progress, I just falt out don't understand this... it means that if your internet goes down what ever you do, no matter if it's an online match or against the CPU, it won't get saved. F-ing stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »