Home

I know Manager Mode is broke... but

This is a discussion on I know Manager Mode is broke... but within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2009, 12:55 PM   #9
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: I know Manager Mode is broke... but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I believe David Rutter did say something along those lines in response to an inquiry by therizing at the community event. But let's be honest -- while it may be difficult for them to implement it within their code, it's not impossible. Most sports games have something along the lines in their dynasty/franchise modes (admittedly with mixed results), PES does it now and did it during the WE PS2 days. The capability is there, it's up to the devs/programmers to make it work...
hopefully he meant it was impossbile given the time constraints... they admittedly spent the majority of the time/resources on gameplay, and thank goodness for that.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #10
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I believe David Rutter did say something along those lines in response to an inquiry by therizing at the community event. But let's be honest -- while it may be difficult for them to implement it within their code, it's not impossible. Most sports games have something along the lines in their dynasty/franchise modes (admittedly with mixed results), PES does it now and did it during the WE PS2 days. The capability is there, it's up to the devs/programmers to make it work...
Yeah, NBA 2K8 had it and it even adjusted PT based on the coaches rotations.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #11
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

This could be easily fixed if they also allowed us the option to edit the AI's team.

If the AI can't do it, I have no problem going through and adjusting the roster for my set league and the other teams I play.

It just sucks big time. I have many players on my Barcelona team that are young and have no room on my squad at this time. I would love to loan them out so they get experience but they won't even play even if they are much better than the other players. Major downer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 09:00 AM   #12
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
This could be easily fixed if they also allowed us the option to edit the AI's team.

If the AI can't do it, I have no problem going through and adjusting the roster for my set league and the other teams I play.

It just sucks big time. I have many players on my Barcelona team that are young and have no room on my squad at this time. I would love to loan them out so they get experience but they won't even play even if they are much better than the other players. Major downer.
Yeah this does suck. Loaning players out is worthless, better to just keep them in on the bench and play them in League Cup games.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:44 PM   #13
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
That's what many of us suggested last summer and therizing mentioned it to Rutter at the community event as a workaround. He seemed to be receptive to the idea, but said something along the lines of "that's a possibility, but I don't know if it could make it in this year."

Being able to edit the CPU's lineup prior to a game would suffice -- we can't even do this in exhibition games, why not?! -- as that would at least take care of the games we actually play. I used to do that all the time in MVP when it had wonky batting orders... seems simple enough to me.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #14
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
That's what many of us suggested last summer and therizing mentioned it to Rutter at the community event as a workaround. He seemed to be receptive to the idea, but said something along the lines of "that's a possibility, but I don't know if it could make it in this year."

Being able to edit the CPU's lineup prior to a game would suffice -- we can't even do this in exhibition games, why not?! -- as that would at least take care of the games we actually play. I used to do that all the time in MVP when it had wonky batting orders... seems simple enough to me.
Yep I did the same thing in MVP as well and this game needs this option badly. Hopefully we get it in 2010.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #15
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
That one improvement alone would make FIFA MM drastically better. I think I read somewhere on here that the programming behind an "Auto-11" feature is damn near impossible.
I don't understand how this is impossible...?

Off the top of my head (I don't have the game in front of me), FIFA gives players an OVR rating in categories like Attack, Defense, Fitness, Mentality, etc., right? So, why couldn't a team's philosophy, tactics, and formation be used to determine the most valuable categories at each position in the formation on the pitch, then reorder the Starting XI based on this logic?

Even if this isn't the best approach, I'm sure there's a way it can be done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2009, 08:49 PM   #16
Rookie

RaY_Z's Arena

OVR: 3

I just wish the stadiums would get bigger everytime you upgrade your stadium in manager mode.

Just like in Fifa 06.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »