Home

Manager Mode Progress

This is a discussion on Manager Mode Progress within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #33
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Manager Mode Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
Sounds like a fun dynasty. How many people did you kill after losing the Champions League final to Arsenal?
Everyone that played. I was so disappointed. We had adjusted our lineup once we got to the knockout stages and we just started to run through everyone. I think they just weren't prepared to handle that big of a game. If we get back, I think we will win.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:36 PM   #34
nSc
Rookie

nSc's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm using FC Ingolstadt out of the 2nd Bundesliga--first season I won the league handily and now in my second year I'm on top of the Bundesliga. I played most of it on World Class and I just recently bumped it up to Legendary and it's still a little too easy. The only team I've had a real problem with is Bayern.

The team now is mostly revamped, but I don't think overpowered. Most of my players are in the 75-77 range (not too farfetched), and I'm not really tempted to transfer in anyone else now that I'm in January. I guess the next step is to turn all the settings to manual, because the difficulty has been a little disappointing.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:17 AM   #35
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

my Arsenal season update... its my 5th season

I just locked up the premier league!! playing on world class. with two games left i was 4 points ahead of middlesboro (alveres is a beast) i did it in style, down 2-1, Nasari shifted to the center. nasri tooka throw, launched a huge cross to adabeyor and in... now no one can touch me. it feels good!!

my starting

alumnia
glichy
toure
pepe
ramos
nasri
denilson
fabregas
walcott
adabyeor
RVP

but the great dane has been a beast this year. planning onc cashing in on adabeyor and starting bendtner.

what a game...

I have the EFA final against villareal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #36
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Updates in 1st post (Season 4)
Old 05-22-2009, 03:13 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 8

Very cool netjam....I'm old enough to remember Pele playing for the Cosmos so I appreciate your efforts.

I basically started MM but didn't get very far with it, mostly because I'm not that good at FIFA yet and I'm afraid I'd lose every game..hummm maybe I can sim?
Old 05-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #38
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus

He's back! I just can't run a MM without Henry.
As I know I'll be in the EFA next year, I thought about buying him since I'll have to do some serious squad juggling. You may have just inspired me to do so.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #39
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Updated.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:36 PM   #40
All Star

OVR: 21

Year 4 Update

Team: Bristol City
League: Barclay's Premier League
Record: 2nd in the Premier League (23-7-8, 76 points)
Silverware: FA Community Shield
Cups: Defeated Chelsea in the Community Shield, lost in the Carling Cup final to Manchester United, lost in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, and lost the Champions League final against Arsenal again.
Summer Transfers: None
Winter Transfers: Junior Stanislas (RM - Preston)

Other interesting tidbits:
  • 2 out of 3 years we have lost the league at the finish line to Arsenal. Lost on goal differential in year 2 and lost by a single point this year.
  • We were in 13th place in January and only lost 2 league games in the final 5 months of the season. A point in either of those games wins us the title.
  • We only surrendered 1 goal throughout the knockout stages of the CL before giving up 5 in the final.
  • A run of 5 straight clean sheets was brought to an end after a 3-0 loss to Arsenal. It also resulted in a dip in form as we began to allow goals in bunches down the stretch (including a 6-3 loss to Aston Villa).

Coaching News: The board has made it clear they aren't happy with the lack of silverware. Once again I failed to meet their expectations, but they still wanted me to stay. However, if I would have chosen to head elsewhere, they would have wished me luck and moved in another direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »