Home

Manager Mode Progress

This is a discussion on Manager Mode Progress within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #65
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Manager Mode Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1knight
Anyone else find the Roma logo creepy?
It's just Romulus and Remus suckling at the teat of the she-wolf that raised them. What's weird about that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #66
Rookie

ak1knight's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
It's just Romulus and Remus suckling at the teat of the she-wolf that raised them. What's weird about that?
Old 07-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #67
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

This is a test... Well, the preview looks OK. I wonder how I can place this within text. Maybe I have to use a picture site to host them so I can use the [img] tags. Stupid internetz...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EarnshawGOAL.jpg (33.5 KB, 84 views)
Old 07-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #68
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
This is a test... Well, the preview looks OK. I wonder how I can place this within text. Maybe I have to use a picture site to host them so I can use the [img] tags. Stupid internetz...
It shouldn't take too long to do that. Photos upload quickly in moderation. I wonder what would happen if you used HTML to insert the picture...
Old 07-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #69
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1knight
Anyone else find the Roma logo creepy?
Roma has my favorite kits, especially those all black ones.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:08 AM   #70
All Star

OVR: 21

Year 7 Update

Team: Bristol City
League: Barclay's Premier League
Record: 1st (30-5-3, 95 points)
Silverware: Premier League, FA Community Shield, Champions League
Cups: Defeated Aston Villa 4-1 in the FA Community Shield, lost to Chelsea in the Carling Cup quarterfinals, lost to Arsenal in the FA Cup semifinal, and defeated Sporting in the Champions League final.
Summer Transfers: Taison (CAM - Internacional), Wellington (ST - Hoffenheim)
Winter Transfers: Jack Rodwell (CDM, Everton), sold CM Tom Huddlestone.
Goal Scorers: Delfouneso (41), Campbell (37), Maynard (27), Wellington (15), Barnes (15), Delph (12), Akinde (7), Kightly/Elliott (5), Rodwell/Myrie-Williams/Soares (4), Taison/Shelvey (3), Martin/Taiwo (2), Sproule/Stanislas (1).

Manager Thoughts:
  • Finally! After 7 seasons, back-to-back heartbreaking finals losses, and early exits...we were victorious! Champions of Europe! We drew AC Milan in the first knockout stage and advanced 4-2, then knocked out Slavia Praha 8-4 in the quarterfinals.

Our biggest test was facing our nemesis Arsenal in the semifinals. We won the first away leg 4-1. We fell behind 3-1 early in the home leg before Delfouneso fired us into the final with a hat trick as we drew 4-4. I think it is very fitting that in order for us to taste Champions League glory, we had to beat the team that had kept it from us. It has been a long journey and I feel a tremendous sense of pride in the fellas.
  • I think this season probably feels the best. Not only because we won the Champions League, but we did with the same core group of guys. I bought a lot of these guys when they were teenagers or in their early 20s. I had to put progression restrictions in place so they didn't get too good too fast, but watching them progress and gel as a team over the past 7 seasons is a great feeling.

It is a bit sad though. With most of the guys pushing 30 and there being a lack of accurately rated younger regenerated players, I realize that I won't be able to start the process of bringing in young players and molding them into champions all over again. Unless, of course, I start over. Which is not something I want to do.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:17 AM   #71
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Well done sir.

It's about damn time you won the CL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #72
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

Nicely done, Blax.

I'm about to finish January, only have my FA Cup 4th Round tie with Preston NE to play. Forest has clawed to the top of the Championship, pulling even with Reading on points, but ahead in GD after a 5-1 thrashing of Birmingham. I've switched over to full manual controls in an attempt to make things interesting. I'd really like to finish second or third (how's that for ambition?) so I don't get thrown into the Champions League next year.

I'll update my transfer business in the near future when I'm at the 360. Tony Adams made quite a few purchases.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »