Home

Sliders: Fifa 09????

This is a discussion on Sliders: Fifa 09???? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Sliders: Fifa 09????

Sup guys

Well I loved NHL 09 and I heard good things about Fifa 09. So I picked it up used about a week ago. I have had some amazing games lately and have learned most of the little details. I am playing on the setting that says "Has played soccer games before" or something like that. I think it is titled "Advanced" but I could be wrong.

Anyway, this is the issue I been having and I would think I am not the only one. My COMPUTER controlled guys are MORONS!!! They run the wrong direction sometimes instead of attacking the ball carrier, they could be right on top them. I got to swich control (which still messes up and switches to the wrong person) to make a attempt at the ball. Other times the computer will take a shot on net, the ball might come off the goalie and my guys just STAND there. Making very little attempt to get to the ball.

I actually got sooooo mad the other night because they would run way from ball carriers, make little effort to go for a ball, run right past ball carriers when they did decided to attack them, etc. That I actually turned the game off mid way through a game. I was never done this with a sport title before BUT NCAA 09.

It was the most frustrating thing ever, because it was completely out of my hands EVEN when trying to switch to them became a matter of luck.

Now my question is, Do any of yall use Sliders? Are there sliders in the game? I have yet to dive into that part of the game and was wondering if there is a way to correct these issues or is it something everyone just has to deal with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Sliders: Fifa 09????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Sup guys

Well I loved NHL 09 and I heard good things about Fifa 09. So I picked it up used about a week ago. I have had some amazing games lately and have learned most of the little details. I am playing on the setting that says "Has played soccer games before" or something like that. I think it is titled "Advanced" but I could be wrong.

Anyway, this is the issue I been having and I would think I am not the only one. My COMPUTER controlled guys are MORONS!!! They run the wrong direction sometimes instead of attacking the ball carrier, they could be right on top them. I got to swich control (which still messes up and switches to the wrong person) to make a attempt at the ball. Other times the computer will take a shot on net, the ball might come off the goalie and my guys just STAND there. Making very little attempt to get to the ball.

I actually got sooooo mad the other night because they would run way from ball carriers, make little effort to go for a ball, run right past ball carriers when they did decided to attack them, etc. That I actually turned the game off mid way through a game. I was never done this with a sport title before BUT NCAA 09.

It was the most frustrating thing ever, because it was completely out of my hands EVEN when trying to switch to them became a matter of luck.

Now my question is, Do any of yall use Sliders? Are there sliders in the game? I have yet to dive into that part of the game and was wondering if there is a way to correct these issues or is it something everyone just has to deal with?
Phobia,

Welcome to the wonderfully frustrating world of FIFA. EVERY person in this forum has experienced what you're going through, but hope is not lost.

The short answer to your problem is to practice. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but like the rest of us, you'll only enjoy FIFA more once you're able to adapt to the "moron" teammates you have.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Start out playing at the lower levels. If it has to be Amateur, so be it. THERE ARE NO SLIDERS IN FIFA. Just pass the ball between the back four to get a feel for how your players move based on how your Custom Team Tactics are set up.

2. When you have the ball, you HAVE to build an attack. Passing back is very helpful and necessary.

3. On defense try to get used to blocking passing lanes and cutting down the angles. This is a necessity, especially when playing on WC and above.

Running at an oncoming attacker will frustrate you even more because the majority of the CPU players dribble like Pele when pressed.

Try to force the attacker to go a specific direction and use the 2nd defender press button to bring a teammate in for additional pressure. This helps a lot.

Lastly, search through the posts in this forum over the last two years, there are many many tips.

Good luck!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Thanks for commenting Rizing.

Well lowering the level is pretty much out the question. I am dominating the CPU as it is now. I am around 6 games into my MM and have not lost a game yet. I am scoring between 3-4 goals a game and have limited the CPU to a couple shut outs and at the most 2 goals.

I am not the biggest soccer fan, but I understand the game and how to move the ball. So attacking and defending is pretty easy enough (I played soccer in high school).

Sucks there is no sliders. There needs to be a bump to awareness.

Well I guess I just have to bite the bullet that the cpu controlled guys are not the brightest.

I also noticed something last night. I was playing my cousin and I had very little issue with dumb stuff being done. Don't know what the difference between single players and a versus match, but it "felt" easier to control what I wanted to get done. I scored 4 goals and shut him out.

Thanks again for given me the heads up though bro.

Also how do you do the bicycle kicks and such on crosses? I have only done the header and side kick.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
MVP

therizing02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Thanks for commenting Rizing.

Well lowering the level is pretty much out the question. I am dominating the CPU as it is now. I am around 6 games into my MM and have not lost a game yet. I am scoring between 3-4 goals a game and have limited the CPU to a couple shut outs and at the most 2 goals.

I am not the biggest soccer fan, but I understand the game and how to move the ball. So attacking and defending is pretty easy enough (I played soccer in high school).

Sucks there is no sliders. There needs to be a bump to awareness.

Well I guess I just have to bite the bullet that the cpu controlled guys are not the brightest.

I also noticed something last night. I was playing my cousin and I had very little issue with dumb stuff being done. Don't know what the difference between single players and a versus match, but it "felt" easier to control what I wanted to get done. I scored 4 goals and shut him out.

Thanks again for given me the heads up though bro.

Also how do you do the bicycle kicks and such on crosses? I have only done the header and side kick.
Good stuff Phobia. The bicycle kicks are random and are only done by certain players given their position on the pitch in relations to the defenders.

What level are you playing on? I find that after playing a few hundred games on PRO and WC, that WC is the closest to real life gameplay from the CPU. The CPU looks to pass more on WC. On PRO you can just go up and take the ball to easily.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Good stuff Phobia. The bicycle kicks are random and are only done by certain players given their position on the pitch in relations to the defenders.

What level are you playing on? I find that after playing a few hundred games on PRO and WC, that WC is the closest to real life gameplay from the CPU. The CPU looks to pass more on WC. On PRO you can just go up and take the ball to easily.
I started out on the second to last level. Not the hardest level but one step down. It seems to flow very realistic and it is tough to get the ball consistently from the CPU.

The bicycles I kind of figured were stat based and random. I just was not sure if it was one of those like the hard drive. Were you double tap the button. Thought it might be one of those deals.

Thanks for the info, bro.

Also, how do you do the rainbow? I thought I was messing around with the intro were you can kick around and I thought I saw a pop up say hold LT then flick right stick down then up. But I can't get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #6
MVP

therizing02's Arena

Old 06-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:

WOW Badass rizing. Thanks for sharing with me, will help out a ton.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #8
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
3. On defense try to get used to blocking passing lanes and cutting down the angles. This is a necessity, especially when playing on WC and above.
If I may add one thing to Riz's point... Focus on using the jockey command (L-trigger/L2) to stay in front of the opposing player to block crosses and shots. You can also hold LT+RT to strafe a little faster. You'll block a lot of balls this way, which can really frustrate a human opponent and shut down a lot of the AI's hit n' hope aerial attack.

I also recommend going to as many manual control options as you can. I use semi passing & shooting, manual lob/cross/through. It really opens up the game, especially the manual crossing (and ground passing, but I just can't master it). I swear it even makes the CPU's aerial game more unpredictable...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »