Home

The floodgates have opened!

This is a discussion on The floodgates have opened! within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2009, 01:05 AM   #9
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: The floodgates have opened!

Like hearing that the speed of the game is slower, sorely needed. Also read on one of the reviews that the players were shrunk by 10% making the pitch bigger which is very much needed.

One thing I didn't see directly mentioned was fouls. Maybe it cannot be discussed as of yet, but I really hope they finally get it right this year. I don't care if this is a video game, it is a huge part of football and needs to be better represented in these games.

The quick free kicks, and removal of card cut scenes are good. Just need better referee logic. There needs to be way more fouls called and more warnings before cards are given out.

In FIFA 85% of fouls result in cards which is a joke. I would love a foul slider, but I never see that being a part of the game. Would love to be wrong though.

There seems to be many good improvements, but every year it is the same letdown with the fouling system. Set pieces, what?

Love the MM news. It is finally time to revamp it. Glad to hear this. Hopefully it is still being tuned as the screen I saw has some flawed numbers. Benzema valued at 22M, ya right.

Good to start seeing the news come in.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:44 AM   #10
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

I think we all will be very glad to hear the following confirmed for manager mode:

1) we will be able to edit kit numbers
2) the time of day/weather glitch is fixed in MM

source: http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fsb-e...gs-that-count/
Old 06-04-2009, 07:13 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
In FIFA 85% of fouls result in cards which is a joke.
I don't know how you play the game, but at the end of each match, I typically have a dozen fouls called against me and only a couple of cards, usually yellow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 07:56 AM   #12
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I don't know how you play the game, but at the end of each match, I typically have a dozen fouls called against me and only a couple of cards, usually yellow.
Same here and I am a pretty sloppy defender some days.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #13
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Same here and I am a pretty sloppy defender some days.
It's not the human fouls he was talking about it. It's the CPU fouls. I've played so many matches when you can tell the CPU is in crazy pressure mode. They slide tackle everything and usually get at least 1 person sent off.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #14
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

in terms of mm, much love to the fifa team. the 4 main criticisms (time/weather, AI transfers, squad #'s, and player development) have all been addressed.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:07 AM   #15
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Ha, I meant alot of things regarding fouls, but kgx2thez was right regarding the CPU.

In general there just isn't enough fouls, or maybe enough variety of fouls. The CPU never fouls enough and they get away with everything for the most part. I get fouled so many times in my attacking area without it being called. There needs to be more fouls called for impeding a players progress. That is not called enough in this game, especially when the CPU does it.

Too much take away of the ball without consequence. On the pitch these are fouls no doubt no matter the league. There should even be varying foul numbers depending on the league. In Italy referees call everything, and protect the players for the most part. Not as much in other leagues, as they let some of this go to the dismay of some managers.

Also when I get in a good groove, I get to the point where I rarely foul as my defense is so good. When this occurs nothing is ever called, and I play 15 minute halves too. Again, no consequence for going after the ball. I would play more if the CPU shot totals weren't so crazy.

Hopefully this makes sense. It has been lacking for too long, lets hope it is better this year. Liking what I am reading so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #16
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
2) the time of day/weather glitch is fixed in MM
Now if we could only get long sleeves in the winter to match the weather, it might feel like the season is progressing. It's such a small thing in the big picture, but if you're talking authenticity & immersion, well...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »