Home

I only score on through balls..

This is a discussion on I only score on through balls.. within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2009, 02:26 AM   #9
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: I only score on through balls..

I cant even score on through balls. Just started my manager mode in the mexican league using Chivas de Guadalajara and in my first 2 games I have yet to score, losing by a combined 3-0.

My attack is getting better though thanks to the through ball which I just started using (still new to Fifa, had it a few days so far).
Old 07-03-2009, 11:48 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

The way I stop the through ball is when you notice they are getting set up for the pass, take one of your center backs and back up. That way, the forward will not be able to get behind your defense.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #11
Rookie

Fluffhead's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantEyelash
On the flip side, I just started playing 1v1 online and it seems like the only way people score on me is on through balls. In fact it seems like that's the only strategy 99% of the people I've played against even know.

What's the best way to defend against through balls? It seems like I never have enough guys in the back and they easily get burned 1 on 1. I've basically just been sitting in ultra defensive and scoring on counterattacks, but they still get way too many through ball chances. Any suggestions?
I've just started playing a lot of 1v1 online as well and it's pretty much a joke. Almost every single person just holds turbo and the defend or double team on defense and on offense it's always a long pass to the forwards who typically outrun my D. The sad part is is that I see it coming every time and can never counter well. It's like every person I play is the same person over and over again, same strategy every time.

Two things I need to work on, countering hyper intensive D pressure and stopping my opponent from getting such easy goals through long balls to the forwards. Part of me doesn't really want to work on these things though because the game I'm getting online (ranked) is so far away from anything resembling actual soccer that it's just getting lame to play. Occasionally though I'll run into a really talented player who actually has a clue and that's usually fun to watch them deconstruct me and my team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 03:29 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

I agree. Online (ranked) it's all about outrun the D. It's boring to play IMO.

I can't understand these people...
Old 07-14-2009, 04:20 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Suggestions for shots outside the 18, try letting off turbo and holding LT to steady to ball, then rip it. I get shots upper 90 from about the 2nd cut on a typical grass cut outside the 18 all day. The angle in 09 matters so much more than 08 as well. In 08 you could just RB at any point and bust a long ball.
And for the crosses, try crossing the ball 1 or 2 cuts(in a typical straight line grass cut) before the 18 with an early cross. -peace
Old 07-15-2009, 08:27 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 60

That's how I used to be. First I was able to score off of through balls and spins at the top of the 18. As I played more I was able to score off of crosses. I remember uploading the first goal I scored off of a cross and thinking that that was a beautiful goal. Then I started doing them more frequently. Then lastly I expanded my game to chipped through balls.
So maybe it's just how our games develop... You've just got to figure out what works for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »