Home

New to Fifa 09.........couple questions

This is a discussion on New to Fifa 09.........couple questions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
New to Fifa 09.........couple questions

I just bought the game a couple days ago. Its a really well done game and am really enjoying it so far. I'm having a hard time scoring though, even on amateur level! My problem is that the shot button is so sensitive. If you press it with regular pressure, the ball goes sailing way over the net. So basically I have to very lightly tap it, but then its weak and the GK is able to recover and get back into position right away and block the ball. Do most of you use the chip shot with a light tap of the button? Or a finesse shot with a light tap of the button? or somehow get off a straight power shot? Most of my success has come from chip shots. I'm still working on the crosses.

Also, whats the average shots on goal in a typical real life game? I'm not a huge soccer fan so my knowledge is a bit lacking, but I do follow my local Galaxy and USA and Mexican national teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 02:21 AM   #2
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: New to Fifa 09.........couple questions

Which shot power meter do you use? I find that I have better shot control if I use the large meter that appears on the bottom of the screen; the tiny meter directly above the player's head is too small.

The finesse shot is good if you are inside the box; outside the box use a regular shot.

I think the most important thing with shooting is your positioning. If you are off balance or sprinting the shot almost always flies way over the crossbar. The best way to get better positioning is to AVOID using speed burst when you are near the goal; control is paramount. I almost never speed burst near the box; when I do I TAP the speed burst. It also helps to go into pace control (LT on Xbox360). This will take a while to get use to but it will really help.

Finally, when you are moving parallel to the goal (up and down on your TV screen) take an extra second to turn slightly toward the goal and square your hips to the goal. You can only do this if you DO NOT speed burst. Squaring your hips toward the goal will dramatically increase your accuracy.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:33 AM   #3
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: New to Fifa 09.........couple questions

Thanks for the tips bro. I have been using speed burst a bit too much in the box. Now that I think of it, one of my last goals happened because I completely stopped my player and then set up a nice cross that was headed in. Imma practice on slowing down my pace near the box.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »