Home

Custom Tactics feature needs improvement

This is a discussion on Custom Tactics feature needs improvement within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
Custom Tactics feature needs improvement

I've been really getting into this feature -- it's saved FIFA 09 for me, given one can slow down the CPU madness by lowering their speed and aggression. But the problem is there are a limited number of custom tactics saves one can store, making the feature useless in anything except tournament mode. One can't save and store a specific tactics scheme and then assign it to multiple teams, which is what I would want to do if I was playing manager mode. So the most teams one can ever edit and assign a custom tactics scheme to, is 28.

Unless I'm missing something. Is it possible to assign a saved custom tactics scheme to multiple teams, anyone know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Custom Tactics feature needs improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I've been really getting into this feature -- it's saved FIFA 09 for me, given one can slow down the CPU madness by lowering their speed and aggression. But the problem is there are a limited number of custom tactics saves one can store, making the feature useless in anything except tournament mode. One can't save and store a specific tactics scheme and then assign it to multiple teams, which is what I would want to do if I was playing manager mode. So the most teams one can ever edit and assign a custom tactics scheme to, is 28.

Unless I'm missing something. Is it possible to assign a saved custom tactics scheme to multiple teams, anyone know?
No, and I think you hit the nail on the head. It's a good feature that could be great if you could assign it to all the teams. Yes it would be cumbersome but EA needs to go the route of NCAA and allow things like this to be uploaded/downloaded via EA Locker. That way lazy people like myself could just dl them from someone.

What would really be great is if they created Managers and some kind of coaching carousel. Custom tactics would be tied into each manager and if the manager underperforms he will lose his job thus taking his style of play with him.

My favorite game of all time, College Hoops 2K8 has this and it makes their career mode very interesting and prevents it from becoming stale. EA should have just copied their model as a base and made the neccessary tweaks to it for each sport.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #3
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Is it possible to assign a saved custom tactics scheme to multiple teams, anyone know?
If I'm interpreting your question correctly, yes you can and I did it prior to starting my MM.

I created three or four tactics for each prominent league, using about 20-25 save slots total. I then painstakingly went through and assigned a corresponding tactic (mostly based on team quality) to each team. I did some mix & match to cover teams from smaller leagues that usually play in European competition. Doing all the English lower leagues was a real pain, but it makes the FA & Carling Cups much more interesting.

Doing this really did save the game for me, as I was didn't play much 09 over the winter. I only got back into it over the past few months after I finally sucked it up and took a few hours to do all the tedious tactic stuff. While you may sacrifice some variety -- although the default tactics probably don't provide much anyways -- it really changes the gameplay for the better. I can play 10 minute halves & see single digit shot totals (attempts, not just on target) for both teams and I've even seen the same on 15 minutes. It's also cool to feel the heat from the AI late in game when they're trailing, as the CPU will go a stock tactic -- the difference is astounding.

Here are the threads on the topic. Some have gone to the extreme end of the spectrum -- build-up & aggession at one, for example -- but what I use is a more moderate scaled range.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
If I'm interpreting your question correctly, yes you can and I did it prior to starting my MM.
Okay! Thanks Qb! I see now you can do that by hitting the Quick Tactics tab, which I never tried before. Fantastic! Appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »