Home

FIFA 10 demo

This is a discussion on FIFA 10 demo within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
FIFA 10 demo

FIFA 10 demo launch ps3/xbox/pc

September 10 :Europe
September 17 :US

Team available:Chelsea ,Marseille,Bayern,Barcelona,Juventus,Chicago Fire

Source:Fifa.easports.com

Last edited by malefice; 09-06-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: FIFA 10 demo

Of course they would release the demo the after NHL10 hits stores. Oh well, can't argue with a demo a full month in advance of release.

I found a juicy tidbit over at www.fifasoccerblog.com regarding the demo -- we'll be able to upload replays from it. There are also a few new gameplay videos there and a screenshot of a Samuel L. Jackson "virtual pro" to show off the gameface feature:

"Do they speak english in what? English ************! Do they speak it?!?"

Last edited by Qb; 08-26-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

I watched the two gameplay videos over at FSB and I must say that the new 360 dribbling could finally give us the tools to truly punish those whose only defensive tactic is to charge the ball.

Both players in the longer of the two vids (full game of the demo it appears) looked a little iffy, but the second (gameplay clips w/editing) looked to feature guys with a little more familiarity/skill. All I can say is when the defender blindly charged, it didn't work out so well for them. IF this holds true, I imagine we'll be hearing a lot of "WTF!? Why did they make it so arcadey?" from people until they realize that defense should be more about positioning and containment as opposed to seek and destroy...
Old 08-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25

samuel l. "mother****in" jackson should be in a liverpool shirt...... hes a proud fan
damn EASports

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Old 08-26-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I watched the two gameplay videos over at FSB and I must say that the new 360 dribbling could finally give us the tools to truly punish those whose only defensive tactic is to charge the ball.

Both players in the longer of the two vids (full game of the demo it appears) looked a little iffy, but the second (gameplay clips w/editing) looked to feature guys with a little more familiarity/skill. All I can say is when the defender blindly charged, it didn't work out so well for them. IF this holds true, I imagine we'll be hearing a lot of "WTF!? Why did they make it so arcadey?" from people until they realize that defense should be more about positioning and containment as opposed to seek and destroy...
could you post links to those vids?
Old 08-26-2009, 03:37 PM   #6
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
could you post links to those vids?
Sorry, I had the link in the post before (with the pic of Samuel). The videos are at FIFA Soccer Blog. Looks like they've added a few more as well:

Here's one of the aforementioned vids:

Why I didn't embed them in the first place, I don't know. Guess I was trying to be nice and give them some unique visitors. The other video is from a Polish gaming site, so I can't embed. You can watch it here.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:54 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I love the way fifa plays but one thing they do drastically wrong is the pace of the game. Where have you ever watched a game that plays at that speed. What is more troubling isnt that the movement is fast its the players. Something I disliked about Fifa is the fact that players are able to keep the ball at their feet dribbling for so long without having to pass. The pace and speed of each player allows that method to be more effective then quick passing.

Please fix the pace!! At least proved us with an option to actually slow the speed down drastically as last years version did not nearly do enough to slow the game down when adjusting the setting. Beyond that fifa looks great, but this is a glaring problem. If PES could capitalize this year then I think this could give PES a huge advantage over FIFA.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:58 PM   #8
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Sorry, I had the link in the post before (with the pic of Samuel). The videos are at FIFA Soccer Blog. Looks like they've added a few more as well:

Why I didn't embed them in the first place, I don't know. Guess I was trying to be nice and give them some unique visitors. The other video is from a Polish gaming site, so I can't embed. You can watch it here.
good looking out QB. the game is looking pretty good, hopefully I enjoy it more than 09. I think my main thing with 09 was that through passes were too easy (which is weird because in 08 they were near impossible) and it ended up being that every goal I scored came on a breakaway sprung by a through ball.

Also, I hope we have a bunch of OS competitions like we did with 08. That's some of the most fun I've had with a sports game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »