Home

FIFA Soccer 10 Demo Available in Europe (17th for US), Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 10 Demo Available in Europe (17th for US), Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #33

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: FIFA '10 Demo - Impressions

My first goal:

Never scored a goal like that on '09.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:47 PM   #34
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: FIFA Soccer 10 Demo Available in Europe (17th for US), Post Impressions Here

After playing about 6 games, it's hard to see any BIG improvement over 09. The much touted 360 dribbling doesn't really seem that noticeable, but it is there. Build up play seems better than before, if you choose to play that way. But passing to the wings and cutting in a cross is still the play of the game. The AI never tried to build up play and instead goes either for a quick pass up the middle, or a cross from the wings. The pace of the game is better than 09..it's slowed a bit and last year's super defense (where everyone was Rio Ferdinand) is toned down. Still, players don't seem to have any momentum at all and turn on a dime and change directions with no loss whatsoever.

And still, old problems persist. Fouls are still almost non-existent. I had two free kicks in three games. Once I played a nice dribble past the last defenseman, only to have him wheel on a dime and stick out his leg and take me down....no call.

Your AI teammates stand there and wait for the pass...and then watch as the CPU defender pushes past them to steal it. This has been going on for years now, and still hasn't been fixed?

Not overly impressed so far. It's a small step forward from 09, and I'm sure if manager mode has been revamped then you can add that as well. But gameplay is still mediocre at best, sadly.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:55 PM   #35
BTB
Th*s **n't s** w*rld

BTB's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: FIFA Soccer 10 Demo Available in Europe (17th for US), Post Impressions Here

Have you guys seen this video? Just checking. Try the moves if not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49xMrS8FUX4&feature=sub

The dynasty will return

Paul Pierce... talent + heart + toughness = The Truth
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 11:04 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 30
I downloaded it earlier this afternoon from the EU PSN store and after playing it a while, it seems very much like last year's demo, but I'm admittedly not a big soccer fan and I only have played the Fifa demos the past few years.

Either way, I like how the game feels with the momentum, animations and controls. It's a beautiful game, imo, but I can see how when someone is used to play the game year after year that this demo can seem underwhelming when nothing gigantic, gameplay wise, was changed, for the changes to be notable.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:25 PM   #37
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

FIFASKILLS up to his old tricks I see. Great, I didn't know about those. Can't wait to try. Thanks!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:48 PM   #38

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
FIFASKILLS up to his old tricks I see. Great, I didn't know about those. Can't wait to try. Thanks!
That's not FIFASKILLS, that's Marius Hjerpseth: http://www.youtube.com/user/Hjerpseth
Old 09-10-2009, 11:55 PM   #39
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
That's not FIFASKILLS, that's Marius Hjerpseth: http://www.youtube.com/user/Hjerpseth
Guess it's both.

EDIT: I read the discription. Looks like most was made by Hjerpseth

Last edited by Whitesox; 09-10-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:05 AM   #40
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Im not really one to take impressions from as my soccer knowledge is minimal, but it feels better than 2009. The controls are more responsive, curved runs add a ton and the AI is actually not too bad, for my skill level of course.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »