Home

FIFA Soccer 10 Demo Available in Europe (17th for US), Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 10 Demo Available in Europe (17th for US), Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2009, 10:52 AM   #49
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: FIFA '10 Demo - Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamtino
You sure you downloaded the FIFA 10 demo?

The AI is clearly much improved from last year, its actually challenging this time around...Sure its not up to par with PES but its not that far behind anymore...
nah i downloaded fifa 2000...what was i thinking??

seriously though, this game to me still lacks the A.I. I play 95 percent offline so cpu A.I is the most important thing for me.

just doesn't cut it. fifa 09 was a challenge for me, so I have no complaints there about 10, it's just the cpu is very predictable in the way they play and too static. i explained it all with my first post in the 1st page .....

PES A.I is very dynamic and fifa is still far behind IMO....

it's a shame really because at this point, that's the ONLY thing PES has over FIFA....everything else, fifa wins hands down .

because of that i didn't really dig PES last year....the animations blew chunks, pacing was off,graphics were sub-par.

So for me it's who either takes it to the next level?

Fifa's Ai or PES' gfx/animations. Who ever reaches that level 1st will be the better game. Hopefully, PES will accomplish that in their next iteration. we'll see....

Last edited by phillyfan23; 09-11-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #50
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: FIFA '10 Demo - Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
Hopefully, PES will accomplish that in their next iteration. we'll see....
I have given up all hope of PES (and NCAA) being good on this generation. Maybe on the Xbox720 or PS4.

And to stay on topic, approx. 10 games later and I still love the demo.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #51
Rookie

chiva100's Arena

OVR: 2
AWESOME
I cant wait till it comes out on October.
I really like the controls it has a more realistic feel to it. The thing i like most is the improvement on the GK AI I had trouble in the first match cuz the goalkeeper is fast at reactions. I just love how the game got better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #52
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA Soccer 10 Demo Available in Europe (17th for US), Post Impressions Here

After about 10 games this demo really does nothing for me. The CPU STILL plays the same. Way too many stupid shots from impossible angles, route one football and no midfield battle. How does Barcelona have 15 shots in this short of a game?

-I'm not seeing much difference in the physical part of the game. Fouls are about the same from what I've seen so far. The advantage rule has been tuned for the better and I like the warning, but if the number of fouls are not increased what is the point of having a set piece creator that's rarely used? Hopefully it plays out better in the retail version with longer halves.

-It's apparent that the CTT will have to be adjusted to make the game somewhat playable....again. It helped a little bit last year. The problem with this though is that there will probably be a limited number of slots to save tactics.

-There is still way too much dribbling because the field/pitch is too big which creates a lot of space. Football is a passing game NOT a stick jockeying skill/trick moves game!

-Same as FIFA 09 and 08. As soon as the CPU misses a shot I can get the ball to a striker at midfield with a 30 yard ground pass. The back 4 NEEDS to push up higher! It's way too easy to get the ball through the middle of the field into the attacking third. This is another reason why there are so many shots.

Every CPU possession(it seems anyway):

Get it to the ST in midfield, pass to winger, sprint down sidelines and either cross or 1 pass back for a ridiculous shot from 25 yards.

-I do like the new shooting mechanic. It's actually not new but it has been tuned for the better.

-I'm still not seeing how the 360 movement is helping.

It is early and if we've learned anything over the last two years is that it takes a good amount of time to figure out the game. Hopefully it's the same this year and the game starts to grow on me.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #53
Pro

Lubey's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA Soccer 10 Demo Available in Europe (17th for US), Post Impressions Here

The biggest thing is improved player control. I can actually get my players to do what I want them to. Too often I would throw my hands up and yell 'NO' at the tv last year. That hasn't happened at all so far this year.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #54

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29

Old 09-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
After about 10 games this demo really does nothing for me. The CPU STILL plays the same. Way too many stupid shots from impossible angles, route one football and no midfield battle. How does Barcelona have 15 shots in this short of a game?

-I'm not seeing much difference in the physical part of the game. Fouls are about the same from what I've seen so far. The advantage rule has been tuned for the better and I like the warning, but if the number of fouls are not increased what is the point of having a set piece creator that's rarely used? Hopefully it plays out better in the retail version with longer halves.

-It's apparent that the CTT will have to be adjusted to make the game somewhat playable....again. It helped a little bit last year. The problem with this though is that there will probably be a limited number of slots to save tactics.

-There is still way too much dribbling because the field/pitch is too big which creates a lot of space. Football is a passing game NOT a stick jockeying skill/trick moves game!

-Same as FIFA 09 and 08. As soon as the CPU misses a shot I can get the ball to a striker at midfield with a 30 yard ground pass. The back 4 NEEDS to push up higher! It's way too easy to get the ball through the middle of the field into the attacking third. This is another reason why there are so many shots.

Every CPU possession(it seems anyway):

Get it to the ST in midfield, pass to winger, sprint down sidelines and either cross or 1 pass back for a ridiculous shot from 25 yards.

-I do like the new shooting mechanic. It's actually not new but it has been tuned for the better.

-I'm still not seeing how the 360 movement is helping.

It is early and if we've learned anything over the last two years is that it takes a good amount of time to figure out the game. Hopefully it's the same this year and the game starts to grow on me.
Oi, that's not good. Riz, I value your opinion so here's to hoping the retail version comes out with everything you said fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #56
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
http://www.easports.com/static/110.2...ediaplayer.swf width=640 height=360 type=application/x-shockwave-flash flashvars="height=360&width=640&file=http://cdn.content.easports.com/media2/fifa10/311077/742A0001_1_FLV_VIDEO_Olh.flv&link=http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9150390&linkfromdisplay=true&linktarget=_top&image=" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent">EA Sports: FIFA 10 DEMO: Chelsea 2 - 1 Juventus
That cross looked like the one Drogba hit vs Sunderland.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »