Home

Just picked up 09 and need a little help...

This is a discussion on Just picked up 09 and need a little help... within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Just picked up 09 and need a little help...

I haven't played video soccer for at least the last 6 or 7 years. I am a huge fan of the game but it started to be boring for me at that time and I just kind of forgot about it. Well I got a great deal on a copy of 09 and am every bit as impressed as I am with the MLB 09/10 baseball series.

The problem I have is that I can't find a good resources of tips that I can use get a better hang of things than I a now. It's really overwhelming on how much they've added and how much of it I can't understand! The main thing is should I have shooting at semi/manual/other one? I set them all to manual but am giving the fans far to manys souvenirs.

If there is any sites that can help me get a better handle of this game quicker I'd greatly appreciate the link as I plan on getting into this game big time before I even touch this year's version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Just picked up 09 and need a little help...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...k-warning.html
Old 09-24-2009, 12:02 AM   #3
Rookie

thanks!
Old 09-24-2009, 10:16 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

youtube has a bunch of tutorial type videos as well. all manual is very frustrating at times, but seems to "unlock" a greater variety of animations. for me, I keep flipping between all manual, and sometimes semi shooting (when I go on a streak where I only hit the net 2-3 per freaking game). the manual passing game is awesome though. stick with that for sure. but since finishing is the name of the game, don't drive yourself nuts on manual shooting. keep at it, but drop into semi shooting when you feel like throwing your controller off the wall after yet another shot that misses by 25 feet
Old 09-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural320
youtube has a bunch of tutorial type videos as well. all manual is very frustrating at times, but seems to "unlock" a greater variety of animations. for me, I keep flipping between all manual, and sometimes semi shooting (when I go on a streak where I only hit the net 2-3 per freaking game). the manual passing game is awesome though. stick with that for sure. but since finishing is the name of the game, don't drive yourself nuts on manual shooting. keep at it, but drop into semi shooting when you feel like throwing your controller off the wall after yet another shot that misses by 25 feet

That's a great tip for sure. I've had the hardest time on manual and will change to at least semi for now.

It would have been nice if they had some better video/text tutorials in-game for us complete newbies to the series.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »