Home

Manager Mode early complaints

This is a discussion on Manager Mode early complaints within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2009, 07:30 AM   #73
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Manager Mode early complaints

^^another MM issue i have notice relates to the Manager AI... and that is who wears the arm band. after mixing the lineup up, the AI seems to default to highest rated. this sucks for teams such as liverpool or Barca, where the captain is not the highest rated on the squad.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:33 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta
(Song came on late for Cesc, another WTF when it was tied 1-1, even if it was just the Community Shield).
Actually come to think of it, i'm sure i set Arsenal's 5-man bench (in the game the Community Shield only allows a 5-man bench) to include Fabianski, Diaby, Nasri, Walcott and Bendtner only...so i'm not sure how Song came on lol

Diaby and Bendtner were definitely subbed on by the CPU...maybe i'm wrong though, and accidentally forgot to put replace Song on the bench with Nasri like i intended.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:01 AM   #75
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

^^
also calcutta,
have you done much with the scouting function? seems the same as last year (with improved names). i hike my scout to 10/10 and went for a goal keep. got a spaniard worth 8MM euros and an 82 overall. that is disappointing how easy that is...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 10:18 AM   #76
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Thanks Cal and SB. The fact that the controller can be moved to the other side in MM is huge IMO. I'm almost positive that this could not be done in 09(I don't have it so maybe someone else can check).

I brought up the lineup issue at the Community Day last year and suggested as a quick fix that we should be able to move the controller to the other side pre match and mid match. A bit cumbersome but at least there's a workaround.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #77
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Being able to edit the CPU's squad prior to kickoff is huge, but wouldn't the bench already be set? We can't change who is on our bench after leaving the pre-match interface, so maybe this is why Song was still in the squad.

Anyways, if we can at least alter the AI starting XI to put people in correct positions until the patch fixes it -- a guy can dream, right? -- that has to be considered a win...
Old 10-12-2009, 10:44 AM   #78
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Being able to edit the CPU's squad prior to kickoff is huge, but wouldn't the bench already be set? We can't change who is on our bench after leaving the pre-match interface, so maybe this is why Song was still in the squad.

Anyways, if we can at least alter the AI starting XI to put people in correct positions until the patch fixes it -- a guy can dream, right? -- that has to be considered a win...
yea, it is a big deal. i think that the team/bench is based on ratings plus fitness
Old 10-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Thanks Cal and SB. The fact that the controller can be moved to the other side in MM is huge IMO. I'm almost positive that this could not be done in 09(I don't have it so maybe someone else can check).

I brought up the lineup issue at the Community Day last year and suggested as a quick fix that we should be able to move the controller to the other side pre match and mid match. A bit cumbersome but at least there's a workaround.
It could not be done in 09...I can confirm that because I have very painful memories of trying everything to turn on that second controller.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
In my case, i was controlling Arsenal right up until kick off so i was able to change their lineup and roles before starting the game, and only switched back to my team Man City after kick off. I was definitely able to access the full Arsenal squad in this menu just before confirming kick off...it was not restricted to just tinkering with the starting 11 and bench.

It's quite possible i just forgot to remove Song from the bench and replace him with Nasri though (like i was planning to). Hopefully thats what happened, and CPU teams don't have access to their full squad during a match.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »