Home

Manager Mode early complaints

This is a discussion on Manager Mode early complaints within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #41
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Manager Mode early complaints

After seeing the insane amount of bugs, I'm glad I didn't pre-order yet. Especially since I'm paying FIFA 09 again, and having a blast with that.

Here's hoping for a patch not long after the US release. However, I thought I read something today which stated Microsoft only allows a game to be patched twice, and EA already used one. So, if it's true, what are the odds everything is fixed in the next one? Once again, if it's true.

It was on the FIFA 10 boards, which gives it a 50% at the most of being true. Still, scary to think about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by supadupa
After playing 15 games into my first season in Manager mode. I think statistics is important to the manager mode, and this year it is even more broken than last year.
I have noticed some problems:
  1. The Assist game stat is broken. I have not got one assist on any of my players even though the assist stat is higlighted in the season statistics. Assist is a important feature in the stats category.
  2. The stats from cup games does not count in the season stats. I often use young players in the cup games and they only got 1 game, and no other statistic.
  3. After playing 15 games plus pre season games I have yet to see a injurie. No players is out with injuries.
  4. It is way to much transfers between CPU teams. I want to play the manager mode with real squads.
  5. The fatigue is broken. The players do not get tired. The energy bar is almost at max all the time.
I agree with point 1. Assists stat is broken. However, frankly it is not a stat that is given much importance in football anyway and personally it does not really bother me too much. Goals is the important stat and at least this seems to work. The only thing that will annoy me is if this negatively affects the development of some of my players.

2. I am playing MM with Napoli and goals in the cup do count towards season stats. I have certainly noticed the goals scored by my players in the cup counting torwards their totals.

3. I have seen plenty of minor injuries with players keeping them out for a week at a time. No serious injuries yet though.

4. I think the transfer frequency is fine. I have not seen any wierd or wrong transfers yet, mind you I have only been through one transfer window. Anyway you can play any of domestic league and cup competitions over a single season anyway, so this shouldn't be too much of an issue for you.

5. I think that you are wrong on this one just wrong. It does work and is not as bad as last year in my opinion.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:45 PM   #43
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
After seeing the insane amount of bugs, I'm glad I didn't pre-order yet. Especially since I'm paying FIFA 09 again, and having a blast with that.

Here's hoping for a patch not long after the US release. However, I thought I read something today which stated Microsoft only allows a game to be patched twice, and EA already used one. So, if it's true, what are the odds everything is fixed in the next one? Once again, if it's true.

It was on the FIFA 10 boards, which gives it a 50% at the most of being true. Still, scary to think about.
NCAA released 3 this year, so it can be done.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #44
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

OVR: 2

FYI:

On the EA UK FIFA 10 forums one of the MM producers came on to say they are paying attention and intend to release a patch to fix problems relating to MM. They're in the process of trying to repro them so that they can fix them.

Thought you all might want to know.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:33 PM   #45
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxican8504
NCAA released 3 this year, so it can be done.

I agree that it can be done Blax, but a lot of these issues look like they need more than a tweak or two to function properly.

This MM won't be sorted out until FIFA 12 at the earliest IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #46
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I agree that it can be done Blax, but a lot of these issues look like they need more than a tweak or two to function properly.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if you are right about that. MM needs to be scrapped and completely rewritten from the ground up. It's like trying to put a bandaid on a bullet wound.

Too bad to be hearing this, especially after all the talk from EA about MM getting the attention this year.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #47
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get anything serviceable until the end of the current generation. This is what.. the fourth fifa that the MM has been severely flawed. I'm not saying it's completely unplayable, but it certainly isn't worth the price of admission. I'm sure this isn't true, but you could make the argument that MM has gone practically untouched since I dunno... 2006?

It's really a shame too, because they've improved the gameplay by leaps and bounds the last few years. I enjoy playing online and against my friends a pretty good amount of the time, but in a perfect world a decent MM would be the main attraction for me. And I would think that many people(maybe not quite the majority)would be in the same boat as me. Don't people enjoy playing season or dynasty modes in sports games anymore?

If they make some decent strides with a couple of patches, then I may consider picking this game up. Though until that happens(if it can happens at all)I'm going to give PES a try until I hear otherwise. Hopefully with a good option file I can enjoy the Master League that Konami offers.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #48
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by getinthevan87
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get anything serviceable until the end of the current generation. This is what.. the fourth fifa that the MM has been severely flawed. I'm not saying it's completely unplayable, but it certainly isn't worth the price of admission. I'm sure this isn't true, but you could make the argument that MM has gone practically untouched since I dunno... 2006?

It's really a shame too, because they've improved the gameplay by leaps and bounds the last few years. I enjoy playing online and against my friends a pretty good amount of the time, but in a perfect world a decent MM would be the main attraction for me. And I would think that many people(maybe not quite the majority)would be in the same boat as me. Don't people enjoy playing season or dynasty modes in sports games anymore?

If they make some decent strides with a couple of patches, then I may consider picking this game up. Though until that happens(if it can happens at all)I'm going to give PES a try until I hear otherwise. Hopefully with a good option file I can enjoy the Master League that Konami offers.
If you ever get a chance to peruse the EA boards you'd see why the game is the way that it is.

Online worldwide tournaments, general online ranked matches, and authentic kits, shoes, faces, etc. are the things that get brought up by the majority of the people that post on the EA boards.

Again, majority. There are several people that post there are LIVID about the lack of depth that this game has. Unfortunately they are a minority. Even in the FIFA Soccer Blog review podcast the reviewer harped about the incorrect font color on a uniform for an extended amount of time. I thought the guy was going to burst into tears. Ridiculous.

To EA's credit they have given their "community" what they are asking for. Great online play, rankings, tournaments, licensing, kits, faces, boots, etc., and improved gameplay. To a lot of people that makes FIFA, "the most realistic football game ever."

The problem again(at least it seems so) for FIFA 10 will be lack of gameplay modes. Be a Pro is useless to me, it sounds like MM is a mess, but I'll make my own decision on that, and I can't stand playing online except for playing a few people that I know. For me, FIFA is about creating tournaments and exhibitions. Sad but true. The "other game" is for Champions League mode, Manager Mode (it's stale), and Become A Legend which has been the most addictive gameplay mode I've played in years.

As with any other game it just comes down to what you can live with and what you can't. I'll be getting FIFA 10 and PES and I'll enjoy both for different reasons just like NBA Live 10 and 2K10.

Last edited by therizing02; 10-07-2009 at 08:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »