Home

Manager Mode early complaints

This is a discussion on Manager Mode early complaints within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2009, 08:29 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Manager Mode early complaints

As mentioned above, I simmed my season after playing (and winning...Pro is too easy now) the first 10 league games, and won the domestic treble - EPL, League Cup and FA Cup...i purposely made sure i won the Cups by reloading the save if i lost, because i'm an Achievement whore and there's achievement for that.

SIMULATED RESULTS
Anyhoo, this is how the Top 10 in the final standings looked...

1) Manchester City; 30-1-7, +4, 91 pts
2) Arsenal; 28-6-4, +50, 90 pts
3) Chelsea; 26-7-5, +45, 85 pts
4) Aston Villa; 24-2-12, +27, 74 pts
5) West Ham; 20-4-14, +9, 64 pts
6) Tottenham; 16-8-14, +13, 56 pts
7) Everton; 16-8-14, +6, 56 pts
8) Liverpool; 15-10-13, -1, 55 pts
9) Wigan; 15-7-16, -7, 52 pts
10) Manchester Utd; 15-6-17, +12, 51 pts

Yep, Man Utd finished mid-table with a losing record! It was a bit concerning that when viewing the simulated results after each game, they were losing at home to teams like Wolves and Wigan etc. Ironically, despite a poor showing in the league, Man Utd made the final in both the Carling Cup and FA Cup.

Spurs were actually in the relegation during the first half of the season, so their finishing spot is quite a turnaround. West Ham were in the top 3 for much of the first half too.

The top 4 qualified for the "ECC", but strangely only 5th placed West Ham qualified for the "EFA". On the plus side, the teams competing in these competitions from other leagues are quite realistic. Teams like Bayern, Juve, Marseille, Barcelona, Lyon, Real Madrid are all in the ECC, while teams like Milan and Inter are in the ECC qualifiers.

The teams relegated were Stoke City, Fulham surprisingly and Bolton who finished last. They would be replaced by Middlesbrough, Newcastle and Cardiff in 2010/11. Actually i only find out Cardiff was promoted after starting the next season, on the 2009/10 summary screens it said "TBD" for the third promoted team...perhaps this suggest that the Championship Playoffs are in the game this year!

Overall though, i think this is actually the oddest final standings i've personally seen in a FIFA game. I remember seeing Chelsea coming 9th in my first season of an MM way back (FIFA 05 or 06 i think), but i've never seen two of the Big 4 finishing outside the European places!
Old 10-10-2009, 12:32 PM   #58
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Can anyone mention how player progression has changed for the better or worse this year? I'm hoping it's at least one thing that's not broken right now.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #59
Banned

Tubby Mack's Arena

OVR: 1

That table is a joke..MANU 1oth damn EA.
I've seen worse though...I was playing a manger game a couple years ago and MANU got relegated.
I took this disc out of my computer snapped it in two and threw it away.

As far as loaning players out... I've seen that in the past where players I loan out don't play. It's a waste, EA still hasn't figured that part out.

Last edited by Tubby Mack; 10-10-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #60
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby Mack
That table is a joke..MANU 1oth damn EA.
I've seen worse though...I was playing a manger game a couple years ago and MANU got relegated.
I took this disc out of my computer snapped it in two and threw it away.

As far as loaning players out... I've seen that in the past where players I loan out don't play. It's a waste, EA still hasn't figured that part out.
It's even more of a joke when it was stated in a lot of the early interviews that they were spending a lot of time on simmed results.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #61
MVP

Some other things of note during my simmed Manchester City season:

INJURIES
I had two significant injuries all season...Vincent Kompany suffered a fractured ankle before Xmas and was ruled out for 8 weeks, and during the FA Cup Final (very last match of the season in May 2010), Carlos Tevez suffered a fractured collar bone and is ruled out for 13 weeks! Having started the new season, he is still injured in July 2010, so he won't be back until late August or Sept.

These were the only two injuries that affected my team all season long, and they only occurred when i simmed the matches. During my first 10 games were i actually played all games, only minor knocks that were shrugged off in the same game were suffered.

By winning the domestic treble, my mangerial rating went from 0.5 stars to 1.5 stars only. At the end of the season, you can switch teams, but only if you get offers from other teams - you CANNOT just choose any team you want - and i think the types of clubs that make offers are purely based on your own managerial rating. I only got offers from Hereford (League 2), 5 Irish clubs, a K-League team called Gangwon FC, and the option to re-sign with Man City. I stayed in 'Middle Eastlands' naturally.

In my prior A-League MM, i won both the A-League regular season and grand final and improved to 1.0 stars, and similarly only got offers from 2 Irish clubs or the option to re-sign. But surely winning the English domestic treble should give me a much higher boost? I noticed during the season that despite being top of the table and with Board Confiedence at 100%, losing to Spurs the next week caused a 10% fall in that confidence...despite the fact my league goal was to only finish in the Top 4. And confidence is related to managerial reputation, so things like that would cause it to fall greatly too i guess.

SCHEDULING
The scheduling in my EPL season was much more realistic than in my A-League season, but there was still some crazy stuff. First off, the league kicked off on Wednesday. Then for some reason, i had 8 league games in 4 weeks (ie: playing on Wed and on Sat each week) to finish the season...when i got to that point in the season, i noticed on the table that we had only played 30 matches, while every other team had played 34 or at least 33 matches...so it was only my team playing these catchup games (despite the fact i had no European games that would've caused the bunchup of games at the end of the season).

Looking at the calender for my 2010/11, everything looks much better...the season kicks off with the Community Shield on a Sunday, the EPL kicks off the following Saturday, and all EPL games are on Saturdays with all my cup games (ECC and Carling Cup) on Tuesdays or Wednesdays - no bunchup of league matches like above. I have my first FA Cup game (Round 3) on a Saturday too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby Mack
I was waiting for League 1 or 2 teams to make offers, because hopefully those sort of teams would play them. It was dumb that only EPL teams were making offers in each of the 3 or 4 weeks they were listed, especially the likes of Chelsea in the first week.

Also, after searching for Scott Kay in my current season (the guy i loaned out to Stoke), it turns out he is now on the books of some Scandinavian club called Stromsgodset! WTF, he's my propertah!!!
Old 10-10-2009, 09:34 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 8

Well thank you everyone for posting these glaring issues its just sad these producers seem to take advantage of having patching abilities. Leaving so many glitches for us to find its like an Easter egg hunt for bugs.

2k10/fifa 10 all bugged out. and those games is why i bought a freaking xbox.

the whole transfer window thing is what pisses me off most
terrible just terrible.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
17) The AI management of other clubs is terrible. Examples; Chelsea play Terry at LB with Cole at CB in the same match, Man Utd play Vidic and Ferdinand as LB/RB with Brown and Evra as CBs in the same match, Giggs gets played at LB occasionally, etc. etc. etc.
^ This happened in 5 of the 11 games i actually played in my Man City season, including the game against Man Utd. The usual LB reverts to RCB, the RB becomes the LCB, and the usual centre halfs line up as fullbacks...Man Utd's backline from right to left was Ferdinand - Evra - Brown - Vidic. So Evra was marking Adebayor the whole game lol.

Same thing against Everton only 4 games into the season...their starting backline was (from right to left) Yobo - Baines - Heitinga Jagielka. So Baines was marking Santa Cruz (Adebayor was suspended) and Roque scored a hat-trick...ironically, after the third goal in the 75th minute, Everton changed their formation but kept a back 4, but now the backline was the normal Heitinga - Yobo - Jagielka - Baines lol.

I don't recall Man Utd 'fixing' their backline like Everton did at all, and i was leading 2-1 for most of it...won 3-1 in the end. This game was also played in snow btw in October at Old Trafford - is that realistic weather at that time of year in Manchester/England in general? Doesn't seem like it would be since it's Fall there then...plus it does it seem at least half of my games in the A-League and EPL were played in rain (this was the only one in snow though) but i'm not too fussed about that...this can probably be easily manipulated too by setting each team's home stadiums to one's without snow/rain/night conditions prior to starting an MM, if you find it annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »