Home

FIFA Soccer 10 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 10 Full Game Impressions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #49
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA Soccer 10 Full Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Anyone with the game have a capture device to take video? Can anyone please comment the more they play on these items?

Fouls

Possession football by CPU

Does CPU pressure unrealistically all over the pitch

Do non attacking players pose a threat (stars outside of these positions pose a threat)

I know this is alot to ask, and I understand if no one responds. I guess perhaps keep commenting the more you play about these items, especially if anyone plays 15 or 20 minute halves. Thanks.
I don't have the game yet, but I should have it Monday, I will try to put up some videos for you.

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)
Old 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 25

Guys,

for those who like to create your own tourneys to play with family and friends the good news is you can now control ALL 64 teams (maximum no of teams to put in a tourney). This is fantastic news for me as last year you could only choose 8 user teams.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #51
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
Guys,

for those who like to create your own tourneys to play with family and friends the good news is you can now control ALL 64 teams (maximum no of teams to put in a tourney). This is fantastic news for me as last year you could only choose 8 user teams.
That just made my day! Great news!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #52
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
I've found that even in the demo, in no way does the CPU pressure the player too aggressively on defense. I always have the freedom to move the ball around and do whatever I wish, to the point it gets too easy at times. Few are the times I finish a match with less than 60% of the possession, and I only play on WC.

However, the AI does like to play an attacking game of football, and I'd really like to have a different experience in the retail version.
If you play with assisted controls on the retail version, then you will be able to dominate the ball still if you are decent enough. Its just too automated to commit enough turnovers. But switch to all manual and GOOD LUCK keeping possession if you're not playing with a dominant team. I used to dominate possession even on manual, and now the most I get is 55% if I'm actively playing the possession stragegy, and most of the time is 50-50. If I go more for a counter attack style, then I'll dip into the 40's.

I just played the derby in MM vs Real Madrid, and their team is simply STACKED (I sold them Henry for the hell of it in the preseason). While I won 2-0 with two goals from Ibra, they dominated the first halve of possession and I could barely get a tackle. In the second halve I decided to keep the ball away from them, but they rushed me pretty hard and blocked a lot of angles. I got it to 50-50 by the end of the match, but it was hard as hell.

There's a few controller quirks that don't help your possession either. While defensive players feature in the new "urgency system", offensive teammates can be lazy as hell, and sometimes they'll let balls that they can get to go out of bounds. Also, its way too easy in my view for the AI to push you off the ball with certain players without a foul being called. It's very annoying in some situations.

I recommend for everyone to play in full manual from the start this year. Last year, full manual was kind of a pain because it was almost impossible to make short passes in certain angles and the AI always passed perfectly, but this year the power and direction have been tuned perfectly for both the user and the CPU. I'm still getting used to the shooting controls, but as far as passing it's EXCELLENT. You will never go back to assisted controls, it just takes a bit of patience at first.

Last edited by demencia_total; 10-02-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:08 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks for all your impressions guys. Went out and got the game today and it is great. I really like it more compared to 09 already and I havent played many games yet. Just a quick question (maybe a dumb one) but how come Live Season has to be paid for? You would think you would get at least one league for free or something considering you just bought their game!
Old 10-03-2009, 01:55 AM   #54
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkysven
Thanks for all your impressions guys. Went out and got the game today and it is great. I really like it more compared to 09 already and I havent played many games yet. Just a quick question (maybe a dumb one) but how come Live Season has to be paid for? You would think you would get at least one league for free or something considering you just bought their game!
Last year we did get one league free. Not this year huh?
Old 10-03-2009, 07:09 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 25

where can I download S.Bernabeu?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 07:37 AM   #56
Rookie

steeluk's Arena

OVR: 6

Finally managed to pick this up as i was on holiday and just got back. Gutted I missed FIFA Friday this year :P

Just played my first game, Man U vs Man City on World Class, slow speed, semi auto controls, and completely loved it!

It felt alot more like real football as opposed to 09. If I want to play slow, build-up possession football, I can. Same goes for any type of tactic.

I managed to win 2-1 with a last minute Giggs free kick. Didn't manage to score a goal from open play, which shows how harder it is as last year I dominated on Legendary difficulty.

About to start a manager mode with Man U and switch the controls to all manual, as everyone on here raves about it and I think it will make the game much better.
Philadelphia Phillies

Currently Playing:

Wii U - Super Mario 3D World, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

PS3 - Madden NFL 25, Dark Souls

3DS - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »