Home

anyone wishing they stuck with fifa 09?

This is a discussion on anyone wishing they stuck with fifa 09? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #9

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: anyone wishing they stuck with fifa 09?

Nope. Not at all. Sold 09 back in August (for like $15), had a copy sent from Gamefly which I kept until the FIFA 10 demo hit, then mailed it back. It's 10 from here on out.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

$4 ?!? ouch...
the GS emp at my local store said that 09 will still be sold used for $39.99 until 10 hits the shelves. not that anyone would spend that much for a year old sports game.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Thats why I never trade in my games. Even game I think absolutely suck are work 4 dollars to me to just have the case or to just play the game to remind me how much it sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 19

I played FIFA 09 more than any other game I've have ever had, but I am ready to move onto FIFA 10. I have hung onto NHL 09 and I am updating the rosters on my own. I'll probably do the same with NBA 2K9. FIFA and NCAA Football are my only first week, annual purchases.
I won't sell FIFA 09. I am tired of getting ripped off when selling games anywhere, whether its Gamestop or Half Price Books. I will check out Amazon if I want to find a game cheaper, but FIFA 10 will be worth full price in two weeks.

Last edited by LucianoJJ; 10-09-2009 at 03:07 PM. Reason: sp
Old 10-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #13
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I still have 09. I never let my old games go until the new ones are out and I've had a chance to rent them.

Sure, you can call me clever, wise, astute, whatever, go right ahead.
I vote for modest.

I still have 09 as well (PS3) and am waiting to rent 10...That is, if I can even find it to rent. Fifa and 2K hockey are impossible to find for rent in both Houston and San Antonio from my experience.

I'm with you on the Blockbuster though. I make a point of becoming chummy with the local BB guys....serves me well for my gaming and movie needs. If you never jump the gun on a purchase, you are rarely disappointed as so may around here tend to get with their games.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:04 AM   #14
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

FIFA 10 was a release day purchase, until the issues with MM have been uncovered. As of now, I'll keep playing 09, and hope for the MM patch which EA mentioned on their forums to be out soon.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Here's what I did: Amazon has a Trade-In Program and I traded Fifa 09 for $20.50 at the beginning of October anticipating the drop in trade in value once Fifa 10 was released in Europe. It's pretty easy to anticipate drops in trade-in values for sports games. So trade it in a month early and preoccupy yourself with a different game for the next month. As for sales tax...buy from Amazon! Also consider a membership at the ECA which gives 10% discount on video games at Amazon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2009, 05:25 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural320
$4 ?!? ouch...
the GS emp at my local store said that 09 will still be sold used for $39.99 until 10 hits the shelves. not that anyone would spend that much for a year old sports game.
I just got a new copy for 20 from them as part of my even exchange on the NBA 2k10 collectors edition

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »