Home

anyone wishing they stuck with fifa 09?

This is a discussion on anyone wishing they stuck with fifa 09? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2009, 06:26 AM   #17
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: anyone wishing they stuck with fifa 09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural320
I'm in the USA, and I was stoked about the upcoming release of 10 here...but after reading all of the negativity here, do you guys wish you just kept/bought fifa 09 and saved the money? the "official" reviews are glowing, but ever since joining the OS community, I trust nothing but the opinions of fellow gamers.
im still waiting for FIFA 10 to be released to start playin
dont mind the negativity...i read so many negative stuff about Madden 10 on the Madden forum that I've not bein able to play that game again
I play 12 full season in my 09 franchse this year Im just 3 games in my 2nd(simuklated the first) and Im already bored of the game because of the negative things people had to say about the game

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Old 10-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #18
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I'm in the USA, and I was stoked about the upcoming release of 10 here...but after reading all of the negativity here, do you guys wish you just kept/bought fifa 09 and saved the money? the "official" reviews are glowing, but ever since joining the OS community, I trust nothing but the opinions of fellow gamers.
nope - the gameplay is great and MM should be patched. if so, much better than last year. most EAsports games seem to get a fair bit of complaining on the boards. and then a patch comes out. also a negative selection bias.

if some of the complaints ring true to you then pass... some are not buying because its not close enough to a true sim (which is probably accurate). but for US buys, you guys are going to leverage off us in the UK for the MM, so not seeing why you would decide not to buy it yet.

but, i am hearing some interesting things about the early reviews for PES 2010... could be a nail bitter this year.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:14 PM   #19
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

I would say No as well. It is better than last year and they are working on a patch from what I read so no reason not to get it imo if you liked 09.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
nope - the gameplay is great and MM should be patched. if so, much better than last year. most EAsports games seem to get a fair bit of complaining on the boards. and then a patch comes out. also a negative selection bias.

if some of the complaints ring true to you then pass... some are not buying because its not close enough to a true sim (which is probably accurate). but for US buys, you guys are going to leverage off us in the UK for the MM, so not seeing why you would decide not to buy it yet.

but, i am hearing some interesting things about the early reviews for PES 2010... could be a nail bitter this year.
Why can't people have two games, if you have the cash?

I think a lot of it is people get so used to dominating in certain ways in FIFA 09 that when they can't exploit the FIFA 10 they say it's not realistic. I remember the same thing happen when PES/WE was at the top of it's game. There were people that said, that WE9 was step backwards from WE8. Can you believe that?

The MM problems does worry me because that's all I want to play. I don't care about online because I hate only gaming. Too many idiots on there.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #21
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
Why can't people have two games, if you have the cash?
I agree. I always getting PES but I got Fifa too partly to hold me over till PES comes out. But if they are both good I can see myself playing both as they both offer different things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #22
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Cool Re: anyone wishing they stuck with fifa 09?

Quote:
that is what I am thinking myself. it is all about the gameplay (head to head and tournaments as opposed to MM for me primarily).
just looking for any support (in either school of thought) to justify keeping 09 or explaining to the wife that while the game basically looks the same...it plays totally different, so I need to go spend $65 (stupid sales tax!) on launch day
I swear that I had control of my *ahem* wallet not that long ago!
Same problem

Lately I have been buying 'last years' version of Madden, NBA2K etc,
however FIFA has turned the page into that must have game and if I
commit to just the one game its money well spent. While it's hard
to justify the annual Madden / NCAA football combo, buying the
latest version of FIFA (at least for this year) is not bad.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:03 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

when I think back to my game purchases, I have actually been "pretty good" about them of late. I finally convinced my wife to even get the PS3 right about this time last year. then I dove right in and got the extra controller, GTA 4, NHL 09, FIFA 09, Assassin's Creed, RFOM...all within about a 6 week time frame. so I can see how she can say I spent a lot on video games, BUT since then...I got a few games as gifts, and bought MLB the Show at launch...then nothing since. so it has been over 6 months since I purchased anything PS3 related...

wait, why am I trying to talk you guys into letting me buy FIFA?
oh baaaaabe...

Last edited by natural320; 10-13-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #24
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i kept my 09 and i am about to edit it for intl paly only.

my thing with 10 same as any fifa game WHY ARE THE PLAYERS RUNNING NON STOP....

you just got possesion how about stopping the ball....

i have gone back to world cup germany, and that game is bad NOW, but atleast they did that side-ward pace control crap where they would hold the ball and look for passes instead of sprinting all day...

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »