Home

Help! Should I get this?

This is a discussion on Help! Should I get this? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Help! Should I get this?

I have little interest in the sport and know almost nothing about it, bu this game has terrific reviews. How hardcore is it? What I mean is, is the game nice to beginners?

The game looks like it could be fun, but I do not want to feel lost when I play it. Do you have to be a soccer/futball fan to enjoy the game?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 01:08 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Help! Should I get this?

Well it wouldn't hurt to know the nuances of the game, there are many tutorials to help and 5 levels of difficulty, even a practice field to hone your skills so even the newest of players will have a great experience. Hell yeah buy this game!
Old 10-24-2009, 07:23 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Already ordered it.

I downloaded the demo and checked out many of the videos. Demo was fun and I caught on rather quick. From the videos I got the idea that the game does a good job of explaining everything. Seems to do a good job of teaching. Could be a great introduction to the sport.

Only problem is...I would not have the slightest idea of who to play as.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 19

When you get the game, go into EA Extras and study the tutorials. This will give you a head start. Focus on the basics like passing, shooting, and defense. You can master the flashy skill moves as you go along. The arena and practice modes are good ways to improve.

Top teams to play off the top of my head:
Spanish: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Sevilla.
Italian: Inter Milan, AC Milan, Roma, Juventus.
English: Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool.
German: Bayern Munich, Werder Bremen, Schalke 04.
Portuguese: Benfica, Porto.
Turkish: Galatasaray.
Scottish: Rangers, Celtic.
Dutch: Ajax.

Each team is rated on a 5-star scale. The top teams may be between 4.5 to 5 stars. Good teams are between 3-4 stars. Smaller leagues and weaker clubs are generally given less than 3 stars. Under one star is usually a lower division club that would be hard to win with.

Players are rated on a 100-point scale. You might want to Google all of the categories they are rated on. FIFA's ratings are pretty extensive.

Enjoy the game.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:20 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Thanks but I would rather not play as one of the elite teams. I would prefer more of a middle of the road type team who has strengths that match my play style. Just not sure what my play style is yet, lol

I glanced at ratings, and they appear to be mostly self explanatory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2009, 03:30 AM   #6
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Thanks but I would rather not play as one of the elite teams. I would prefer more of a middle of the road type team who has strengths that match my play style. Just not sure what my play style is yet, lol
Perhaps (if possible) you should choose a team that is close to the place you live, or the league for your country (if possible). You might even decide to follow them in real life.

Enjoy the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »