Home

Fired?!?!? But I finally beat Chelsea!!

This is a discussion on Fired?!?!? But I finally beat Chelsea!! within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Fired?!?!? But I finally beat Chelsea!!

Oh son of a b. I lowered the board difficulty to semi-pro and started up again with Man U. My w-d-l was 5-4-3 and I got canned again. eff man, I wanna play with Man U but i dont think i'll ever get past 12 games with them! i guess im not good enough to play with them quite yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a cool/fun team to start with that doesn't have the super-high expectations of top-tier teams like Man U or Real Madrid?

BTW: really cool uniforms are a plus lol

#GoPackGo
Old 11-03-2009, 10:38 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
Oh son of a b. I lowered the board difficulty to semi-pro and started up again with Man U. My w-d-l was 5-4-3 and I got canned again. eff man, I wanna play with Man U but i dont think i'll ever get past 12 games with them! i guess im not good enough to play with them quite yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a cool/fun team to start with that doesn't have the super-high expectations of top-tier teams like Man U or Real Madrid?

BTW: really cool uniforms are a plus lol
i would like to know this as well
Old 11-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 5

My boards are set at default and I haven't been fired after 18 games. Even when I lose I hardly lose any board faith and the last lost (against Aston Villa) my rep went up. Then again I am Hull City (only bought Michael Bradley) and my goals are not to get relegated so its pretty easy for me. I aim for ties and never really look for wins unless its in the cup (need to get in the 3rd or 4th round). My record started out horrible but now I am bouncing back from 9th to 14th depending if i lose or win a game. Good thing I didn't start with a better team or I would of been fired lol.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

i use Burnley and they are a good team to start with. low expectaions and still a good team. I tied Arsenal my 1st league match.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 11-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Like the Man United guy above, I really don't want to play as a smaller club, I want to play as Man City. And (knock on wood) it seems like things are finally coming together. I've been fired twice but in my third try at it we sit 1st after 10 games, 4 points up on Chelski. The bad thing is, the board has yet to announce their expectations. I feel like I can grind out a 4th place finish, but if all of a sudden they want me to win the league I'm probably going to be out on my butt again come January.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 14

^ The expectations for that season will not change over the course of the season. It remains the same throughout.

In fact, in Man City's case:
Spoiler
Old 11-06-2009, 01:44 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
i use Burnley and they are a good team to start with. low expectaions and still a good team. I tied Arsenal my 1st league match.
thanks, I'll give em a try.

hows cardiff city?
Old 11-07-2009, 01:01 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 9

Suck. Look who bought the farm again. I must be the worst MM player on the boards here. This time I got canned as LA Galaxy. (embarrassing I know)

I started off with a w-d-l of 4-2-0 before scoring only 1 goal in my next 5 games with a record of 0-2-3. I finally ended my winless streak with a win over NY Red Bulls to make my record 5-4-3 with a 10th place standing, and then after the game ends... CANNED.

Balls.

So I'm off to Italy to play with Lazio in Serie A. (Cool name, awesome logo and sweet uniforms).

They've got some good players, a decent amount of money and the board's goals for me are only to finish in the top half of the table. I started the year with a 4-2 win in PK's over Inter for the Supercoppa. Let's see if I can get more than 1/2 way through the season this time, much less finish a whole year!

embarrassing, embarrassing...

#GoPackGo

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »