Home

FIFA 10 MANAGER MODE Progress thread

This is a discussion on FIFA 10 MANAGER MODE Progress thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25
FIFA 10 MANAGER MODE Progress thread

I decided to start this since nobody has started one yet.
POST YOUR MANAGER MODE UPDATES HERE FOR THE OS WORLD TO KNOW WHAT YOU GOT GOING ON

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: FIFA 10 MANAGER MODE --

Well, I started one with AC Milan, but after about fifteen games, I was sacked. I was 4th in the table, but just had one too many draws against lesser opponents.

So, I started over, and I'm much happier where I am now.

I'm using Hércules CF in the Spanish Segunda division. Two games in, and I have two wins; 2-1 and 4-1. There's much less pressure on me, even though the board would like me to win the league. I'm alright with that, as I have my sights set on promotion.

Should be more fun of an experience to mold a team, get promoted, and then fight to stay in La Liga.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #3
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: FIFA 10 MANAGER MODE --

I changed the title just a bit to avoid confusion with a title update (ie, patch) for manager mode. That's what I first thought the topic was when I saw it. Hope you don't mind, rexis...
Old 10-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA 10 MANAGER MODE Progress thread

Coca Cola league 2, on World Class
Bradford City 19-2-2, 1st Place
This is my all USA prospect team, and I replaced the entire Bradford City roster. My starting 11.
G Chris Seitz 67
RB Tim Ward 64
CB Omar Gonzalez 65
CB Eric Brunner 64
LB AJ DeLaGarza 61
RM Eddie Gaven 67
CM Danny Szetela 66
CM Brad Evans 65
LM Robbie Rogers 69
RS Chris Pontius 65
LS Faud Ibrahim 59

I really like the balance in the games so far. I've been beaten by the worst team in the league, drawed with the 2nd place team. But the real story is my current run through the English League Cup. Made it to Round 3 where I met up with Birmingham. Thought for sure that I was done son once they scored the first goal 30 something minutes in. But I kept to the gameplan of ball control, and almost like lulling them to sleep. With like 10 minutes left or so i finnally scored to tie it up. Keeping to the game plan of just passing it around for days finally yielded another goal in the 2nd period of extra time. It was a pretty awesome win, but not the last. Round 4 brought on Aston Villa! I win with same strategy as before 2-1 to make it to the quarterfinals against Man. U...OH...CRAP. My "I'm definitly playing a videogame" thoughts were subdued momentarily as I got dropped by Darlington 2 games later in the 2nd Round of the FA Cup 0-3. The board did not like that at all. That loss started a 3 week stretch of 2 games a week, with my home match with Man U sitting in the final week. My team was completly wasted after 3 league games and Johnstone Paint match that had me go extra time to beat Leeds United 2-1. Finally the match vs. Man U was here, and I've rested quite a few players coming in, so fatigue wasn't that bad. On world class, Man U is very very good, they scored in the first 15 minutes, basically because I couldn't get the ball from them. Once I got the ball, I just settled in, conservative passes, no risky passes. Man U started settle further and further into their field. Took a couple of times of me missing passes, and barely getting the ball back from them to score with this strategy, it was 50 minutes, where i finally put one in! I just knew from there that the game was mine. 75 minute I get a great pass in the box and Man U fouls giving me a penalty shot! I end up chipping it right down the middle beautifully as their goalie sprawls out to the right. I end up holding on 2-1 as I almost give Man U chance after chance to tie it up. The Americans are one step closer from taking the English League Cup hahaha. So thats where I stand so far, semi final match up with Swansea...i got lucky i guess on that draw, the other side is Arsenal V. Chelsea
Old 10-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #5
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I am starting one up with Seattle Sounders in MLS, see if I can take them to playoffs like in real life. Definitely a challenge playing in MLS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

Started one as "Sven-Goran Eriksson" with Notts County in CC League Two. My ultimate goal is to get to the EPL within 5 seasons, like the new owners intend to do in real life...in MM the board expects me to not only get promoted but WIN the league! Personally i'm going for the "consecutive promotions" and "make a 5-star team out of a sub 2-star team" Achievements too, without excessive simming.

Good start, 2-0-0, both wins came on the road against a 10-man Northampton 1-0, then against Dag & Red 3-1 (love that name lol, but i think they are just called Dagenham in FIFA...unless its a different team?). But now my double-goal scorer from the second game is out for fortnight with a strained hamstring, and most of my starters are buggered ahead of the next match, a cup tie (Fitness coach was updated to Level 6 immediately btw).

FYI, i opted to keep Sol Campbell in my squad, and i've also included my Virtual Pro "Token", a 67-rated CDM with poor stamina, but he has the second highest OVR rating behind Sol in the squad. I also recognise the players Kasper Schmeichel (!), Jamie Clapham and Johnnie Jackson in the squad.

Like MikeMagnum is doing with US prospects, i wanna focus on signing young Aussie and NZ players from the A-League, probably when (if) i get to League One and above.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:09 PM   #7

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29

Heh, I just started a MM with Notts as well, before I saw this. Only on my second friendly now but I am experimenting with a 4-3-3, which is going well so far.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #8
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Well I kicked off Seattle Sounders FC season, after going through friendlies which I ended up 1-3, with only win against Stuggart 1-0 in the snow.....cool. I also have my be a pro, 70 rated, on frontline next to Montero. Run a 4-4-2 currently. 12th minute, montero gets a one-on-two with a beautiful shot off left post into the goal. gooooooooooooooooooooool...Sounders FC first goal!!! 40th minute, coner kick, Lunjberg with a beautiful service just outside top of box, my be a pro "Alex", makes a header to far side of goal past diving goalie. gooooooooooooooooooool. 45th minute Fire return favor with a Rolfe goal. 2-1 Sounders at half. 2nd half, 73rd minute...Lunjberg down right side beats defender, rushes goal, shoots at top of goal, hits post and drops in, WOW, awesome shot. 3-1 Sounders!!!! Now, instead of where's Waldo??? wheres my Defense??? I go conservative, defensive stategy. This seems to happen to me all the time in this game, computer gets last second goals and in this case 2 goals, always, 88th minute, Mcbride knocks one off rebound. Then 90th minute Husidic gets one where my Defenders are sleeping I guess?? knocks one in to tie match??? Why oh why does this always seems to happen?? I play good Defense all match, and the computer always seems to wake up last few minutes and score goals needed to tie or win.

1 point to start season, atleast it is one of best lineups in MLS.

side note, I took advice, put Defending pressure and agressiveness no higher than 50 for all MLS teams custom tactics, seems to make gameplay better, will try further. I set all these up before I started manager mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »