Home

Weigh In: Semi vs. Manual

This is a discussion on Weigh In: Semi vs. Manual within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Weigh In: Semi vs. Manual

I think most everyone has summed up my feelings on this topic but for what it's worth:

• I've gone with all manual. It's not perfect but it's much more enjoyable that anything semi-assisted for me.
  • Even though manual shooting is tough and I've missed some goals that have costs me some games I still prefer it. If I play on semi-assisted then I feel like I can win just about any game I play and I feel like my shots are very scripted. On manual I feel like if I make a goal it's b/c of something I did - as opposed to just jamming the controller to one corner and hoping the keeper doesn't make a miraculous save.
  • Online Head-to-Head - I'm getting beat regularly b/c I'm playing ping-pong passing players on semi or full-assisted. But I don't care - it's still much more enjoyable to me. I don't really care about my ranking or win/loss record - I just want realistic matches. I agree that when I'm using manual and they aren't that I get pressured way to quickly and they usually dominate me. This gets frustrating. But every now and then I get some really good games.
  • Online Team Play - I really enjoy all manual here. I've been able to open up some really good plays when playing in the midfield. I'd bet that 98% of my team mates have no clue I'm on all manual until I whiff a goal that I should've at least hit on target. But again, I don't really care what they think, it's more enjoyable for me this way. And for what it's worth my player rating is usually in the top 3 every single game and for some odd reason this keeps me interested. If I could find a group of regulars to play on a team with that used all manual I think it would be awesome!
  • Manage mode - I've started with Middlesborough in the Coca Cola league and using all manual here can be quite the challenge. I feel that the play in MM is different than just random exhibition matches and it probably has a lot to do with momentum from game to game. But I'm having trouble getting time to get off quality shots so I'm loosing more games than I'd like. But having said that, I am playing with a lower level team that shouldn't be winning all of its games so it seems to be realistic.
In summary, for me, all manual is the only way to go. It's not perfect but it's more rewarding for me.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:40 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

I play all manual except for shooting (semi). Tried everything manual for awhile, but found myself waiting till I was a foot from the goal mouth before shooting because my shots from distance were always way off target or right down the middle.

I haven’t played a ton online, but it feels like my control scheme carries over. I know my passing is manual and I’m pretty sure shooting is still semi. The matchmaking also seems to match you up with players running a similar control scheme.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

What console are you on Mebby?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantpop
What console are you on Mebby?
360 - looks like you're on PS3. I've found at least one person to play all manual with and it was a good game. Just wish I could find more.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #13
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
Dilemma
You have to go all manual or semi-assisted online, and can't change just the shooting. So do you all stick out manual shooting for the all manual setting, or use semi-assisted instead?
Just played a few games online and this isn't the case. All of the assist settings carry over from offline to online.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by getinthevan87
Just played a few games online and this isn't the case. All of the assist settings carry over from offline to online.
They do if you play a match with no restrictions. I believe what they are referring to is when you use the "filters" when searching for games, which, when you set to manual, make everything manual.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #15
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah, I'm the OP and I meant for the filters. I just have no interest in playing with different settings than the opponent. It creates a very strange flow to the game when one side can ping it around at will and the other is using manual. It just totally takes me out of the experience, and from what I've read, many others as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
Yeah, I'm the OP and I meant for the filters. I just have no interest in playing with different settings than the opponent. It creates a very strange flow to the game when one side can ping it around at will and the other is using manual. It just totally takes me out of the experience, and from what I've read, many others as well.
I agree with you on this... but sometimes, it's fun when you whoop someone's *** when you're on manual and they are on assisted. Although, admittedly, it rarely happens!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »