Home

Whether or not the weather is good?

This is a discussion on Whether or not the weather is good? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 46
Whether or not the weather is good?

hi all bout to pick up 10 from amazon on the 49.99 'deal', hows the weather this time round?
snow specifically.
rain get soggy, muddy?

thanks guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 06:17 PM   #2
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Whether or not the weather is good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
hi all bout to pick up 10 from amazon on the 49.99 'deal', hows the weather this time round?
snow specifically.
rain get soggy, muddy?

thanks guys
There is weather in MM. But, in classic EA fashion, it's totally overdone. I feel like I'm playing in India during Monsoon season in my ManU MM. Every match has weather now. I did get to play in the snow vs. West Ham. That was cool, as the game felt different than a dry or rainy pitch. It does add some variety to the play styles. Visually it's cool, as well. No mud or tufts of snow, but the wet players and the raindrops on the replay screens look cool. I love how the game plays in the rain, too. I've had a shot that was off the end of my boot stop in front of the goal. Much better than last year, but it still could use some work on the frequency of it.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 11-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
There is weather in MM. But, in classic EA fashion, it's totally overdone. I feel like I'm playing in India during Monsoon season in my ManU MM. Every match has weather now. I did get to play in the snow vs. West Ham. That was cool, as the game felt different than a dry or rainy pitch. It does add some variety to the play styles. Visually it's cool, as well. No mud or tufts of snow, but the wet players and the raindrops on the replay screens look cool. I love how the game plays in the rain, too. I've had a shot that was off the end of my boot stop in front of the goal. Much better than last year, but it still could use some work on the frequency of it.
awesome response Brian, just what i was looking for.
In depth.

very very helpful.
it sounds immersive!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

Is there no "work-around" to this like there was in FIFA09?

The "leave MM / go to exhibition / set the weather / return to MM" thing.

I still fail to understand why EA does not have the weather as an option in the game set-up screen. It seems like it should be just as complicated as changing the team kits ... and they let us do that.

Right?
Old 11-03-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Is there no "work-around" to this like there was in FIFA09?

The "leave MM / go to exhibition / set the weather / return to MM" thing.

I still fail to understand why EA does not have the weather as an option in the game set-up screen. It seems like it should be just as complicated as changing the team kits ... and they let us do that.

Right?
It was supposed to add some depth to the MM. You wouldn't know what weather each match would have. But it's kinda overdone. The team knows about it, it has been brought up in the Developer Thread over on the EA UK Forums, but it doesn't appear it'll be patched unless something changes. David Rutter says that due to patch size constraints that the decision was made to focus on MM issues, not authenticity issues. Kind of agree with you about how they should have just let us enable it, vs. hard-cding it into the mode.

P.S. I have played the last 5 matches with either rain or snow. I feel like it's "The Day After Tomorrow!" LOL!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 11:53 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
It was supposed to add some depth to the MM. You wouldn't know what weather each match would have. But it's kinda overdone. The team knows about it, it has been brought up in the Developer Thread over on the EA UK Forums, but it doesn't appear it'll be patched unless something changes. David Rutter says that due to patch size constraints that the decision was made to focus on MM issues, not authenticity issues. Kind of agree with you about how they should have just let us enable it, vs. hard-cding it into the mode.

P.S. I have played the last 5 matches with either rain or snow. I feel like it's "The Day After Tomorrow!" LOL!

Old 11-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm playing as DC United in my MM and out of 6 games I played so far, one has been rain and 2 have been snowy conditions....in the middle of spring.

I love the weather effects, but the seasons are messed up. Kinda understandable since this is a global game though.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #8
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm trying to turn weather off, it's not realistic to be playing in the snow when I'm at home playing in Palermo in MM, I don't think it snows there in October.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »