Home

What's the rule here?

This is a discussion on What's the rule here? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: What's the rule here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta
in FIFA 10 its accidental simply because the CPU player just runs back to his position on a predefined route
That's not what I'm seeing. It happened again this afternoon. As my goalie gathered up the ball, the CPU player ran over to him and stood behind him and off to the side. Then as my goalie went into his punt animation, the CPU player charged my goalie as if he were attempting to knock the ball away. I kid you not.

Last edited by baa7; 11-03-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #10
Banned

Two more new and weird goalie calls today.

CPU player shoots, my goalie stops it, ball bounces to my defender who takes 2-3 steps while dribbling, after which my goalie reaches out, grabs the ball and holds on to it. My goalie can't touch the ball after I've been dribbling it, correct?

CPU player outside his team's box jumps up for a header. The ball bounces back towards his keeper who pounces on it. Martin Tyler shrieks and breathlessly praises the CPU goalie for making a fine save.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #11
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Two more new and weird goalie calls today.

CPU player shoots, my goalie stops it, ball bounces to my defender who takes 2-3 steps while dribbling, after which my goalie reaches out, grabs the ball and holds on to it. My goalie can't touch the ball after I've been dribbling it, correct?

CPU player outside his team's box jumps up for a header. The ball bounces back towards his keeper who pounces on it. Martin Tyler shrieks and breathlessly praises the CPU goalie for making a fine save.
As for the OB stuff, I've never seen anything like that. Like others have said, there are some close calls that might go one way and not another, but nothing obvious like that. Next time it happens, watch the replay from another angle to see if something happened that you couldn't see/notice.

For the keeper pass back rule, the goalie isn't allowed to pick up the ball if it is played to him by his own player from below the waist. For the dribbling one, it is a close call, but as long as the goalie is reacting to a play and not having the ball brought to him then it's fine. For example, if he brought the ball under control and dribbled toward the keeper and he calmly picked it up, that's an indirect kick from where he touched it with his hands. But if the ball hits the defender who takes an awkward/inadvertent/wayward touch as a striker looms in he can pick it up. It's all about whether it looks it was an intentional/controlled move or random/up for grabs/deflection. Likewise, the header is fine because it was above the waist. As a defender, that was always a fun loophole to get the ball to safety if you have a heads up keeper.

Hope that helps

Last edited by teambayern; 11-03-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #12
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
That's not what I'm seeing. It happened again this afternoon. As my goalie gathered up the ball, the CPU player ran over to him and stood behind him and off to the side. Then as my goalie went into his punt animation, the CPU player charged my goalie as if he were attempting to knock the ball away. I kid you not.
Run away from him before you start a kick. He should run back upfield if you get out of his way.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:53 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Can't say i've seen this, where it seems intentional...any chance you could upload a video of it if it happens again?

Maybe all your player attribute edits have done something to make this happen
Old 11-04-2009, 04:34 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
Likewise, the header is fine because it was above the waist. As a defender, that was always a fun loophole to get the ball to safety if you have a heads up keeper.
I did not know that. I thought the goalie wasn't allowed to grab a ball that in any way had been played by his own player.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:35 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta
Maybe all your player attribute edits have done something to make this happen
That was my thought as well, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2009, 07:23 AM   #16
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i have seen something like this, the keeper was getting ready to kick the ball, i saw the dude behind me , but went ahead anyway when the keeper drop the ball before his feet touched it the player kicked it in the goal,

he kicked it before the keeper's feet kicked, his reaction from behind me to infront of me was that quick on WC

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »