Home

Directional shooting

This is a discussion on Directional shooting within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Directional shooting

Hey all. Just got FIFA 10, and am loving it to death.

The only problem I'm having is aiming my shot. To give an example, let's say I'm attacking the goal head on (camera is set to "Tele") and it's just the keeper and I. If I want to shoot to the keeper's upper right, which direction would I aim the analog stick?

There are so many other scenarios, like attacking the keeper from the Northwest (if you were looking at the field top-down) and trying to go to the keeper's upper right.

Thanks for any and all help. ><
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
Rookie

ak1knight's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Directional shooting

The directions for the left stick match what's on the screen (it's the same for skill moves as well), so in your scenario to get to the keepers upper right you'd want to aim the left stick towards the goal and slightly up/down depending on the direction of the goal. The height of the shot is mostly based on shot power but if you want a low or ground shot with a little more oomph you can hold the left trigger while shooting.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #3
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Poster above is correct. You aim "left" or "right", but a little more up or down to aim to the left or right side of the net. Powering up the shot increases shot height, NOT shot speed.

Also, check to see if you have shot aiming set on Auto, Semi, or Manual. I use Semi, which allows me to aim, but also steers it towards the net a little if I'm off. I'm not sure if it's on Auto how much you can aim.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Poster above is correct. You aim "left" or "right", but a little more up or down to aim to the left or right side of the net. Powering up the shot increases shot height, NOT shot speed.

Also, check to see if you have shot aiming set on Auto, Semi, or Manual. I use Semi, which allows me to aim, but also steers it towards the net a little if I'm off. I'm not sure if it's on Auto how much you can aim.
Awesome, thanks to both of you. I guess it'll just take some practice.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1

Would you recommend Semi for the average player? Or is it really difficult to shoot? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Would you recommend Semi for the average player? Or is it really difficult to shoot? Thanks!
yes and yes.

I REALLY REALLY wanted to go all manual this year, but I wanted to have fun with the game too, after giving it about a week and a lot of frustration...I dropped the shooting to semi. you still will miss your fair share of shots, but when you square up (at least for me) you will at least hit the net. although as others have mentioned, the keeper does seem to make a bit too many saves on chances that should be slotted away...as opposed to manual where the would go in. however, for me, the would only go in about once every 2 or 3 games!
Old 11-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural320
yes and yes.

I REALLY REALLY wanted to go all manual this year, but I wanted to have fun with the game too, after giving it about a week and a lot of frustration...I dropped the shooting to semi. you still will miss your fair share of shots, but when you square up (at least for me) you will at least hit the net. although as others have mentioned, the keeper does seem to make a bit too many saves on chances that should be slotted away...as opposed to manual where the would go in. however, for me, the would only go in about once every 2 or 3 games!
I was really frustrated for a week at first too with manual. What I found helped was going into the practice mode and reducing the number of defenders and just experimenting with different angles to see what works. Now I score most of the time on the open shots that should be put home, and can hit an unstoppable drive once in a great while. I find manual to be very realistic now that I have the hang of it.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #8
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

After I made the post above, I went on this horrible streak such that I'm basically certain to be fired by Tottenham now. But it wasn't because of shooting, it was because of my stupid midfield play and bonehead errors.

I think semi is best for most players. You can definately aim your shots, though you will feel like the goalies make more saves than they would be capable of in real life. However, that's probably a necessary evil b/c most gamers play at a level where they're generating significantly better opportunities to score than you would see in real life (b/c it's more fun that way!).

Also, it seems like the CPU is better at some things than you are against their goalie. I've seen them balls over my keeper into the net several times, but every time I try it, the goalie sees it, and takes like 2 steps backwards to catch it or tip it away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »