Home

Is manager mode really THAT busted?

This is a discussion on Is manager mode really THAT busted? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 46
Is manager mode really THAT busted?

hi guys.
i get nervous on the interweb listening to the apocalypse stories concerning MM.

Be honest, is it THAt bad?

I mean is it playable?

Would a newbie get lost in the bugs and glitches and not notice anything went wrong?

I am hearing countless things.

From huge ones to things like games in england only being played on rainy nights.

thanks guys in advance for your input/thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
Rookie

Hooligan's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Is manager mode really THAT busted?

It's not. Sure there are some annoying things (weather), but I'm going forward with mine as I have yet to see any of the crazy bugs people have brought up.

Plus the second patch that is currently available fixes the big bugs that would have made MM unplayable.

Don't let the opinion of a HIGHLY vocal group ruin what is a great step up from 09.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
Rookie

brs2305's Arena

eco, i havn't experienced any bugs either (besides statistical but that should be fixed with the latest roster). To be honest, I think for a FIFA game, it's a very addicting MM and for first time since PES 6 I actually think that gameplay and MM finally give you a descent package. Not gonna lie, there are chances for improvement, but compared to last year it's a blessing, IMHO.

So don't worry bout it...
Old 11-13-2009, 06:00 PM   #4
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

It is still very playable and very fun. The last patch fixed a couple of the major issues, including players on loan being sold by the club they were on loan to. Also, it toned down the effects of form on players.

I'm not seeing the crazy amount of rain games that others claim. I'm 44 games into my MM as Newcastle (league and cup included), and about 10 have been in rain, and 2 have been in snow. That's certainly not ''every game'' as some have tried to say. It's apparently never sunny, but I can live with that. If you pick a team that doesn't have their real stadium in the game, you might want to consider changing the home stadium to one that has a variety of day/night and weather options available to it.

If you played 09, this is a step up and while there are still a couple nagging things in MM they definitely are not game breakers.

For any game that comes out, if you listen to a certain group of posters on this or any other site, the game is broken and unplayable for some reason.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:19 PM   #5
MVP

thanks guys, for your thoughts thus far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2009, 11:52 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

I have yet to encounter any bugs or glitches that make MM unplayable. The only thing I have come across is some crazy starting squads by the AI, e.g. starting David Beckham as a CB
Old 11-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I have yet to encounter any bugs or glitches that make MM unplayable. The only thing I have come across is some crazy starting squads by the AI, e.g. starting David Beckham as a CB
thanks again
speaking of beckham
noone signed him yet as a tranfer
we was asking 15 mil
Old 11-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't know which patch I am playing my MM off of, but the biggest problems/issues for me are:
1. weather - rain in about 75% of games. this is getting VERY old (I am playing in england)
2. stadium assignments - ummm, Ivy Lane nearly every game. interesting. the pitch is basically the same everywhere, so this isn't a big deal breaker for me
3. CPU pressure - they are running with sprint held ALL game long. you really have to move the ball quick, and skill moves result in my guys getting flattened (no foul given) and a turnover. very annoying and not at all accurate, but you kind of get used to it (but it KILLS your player's stamina)

the few guys I have loaned out were not sold off after the term, but the irritating thing was that last season I loaned 3 guys, and they played a combined 4 games...and no one got any better because of it. I guess you really need to make sure you are loaning out to a crappy team that will play your guy. the one that killed me was a low 60s midfielder was loaned to 1860 (bundesliga 2) and he barely played. c'mon! he should've been the super-sub, if not a part time starter

but despite everything, I have spent hours and hours playing MM. taking a crappy team and getting 2 promotions into the premier league has been a lot of fun. I finally have a team comprised of guys ranging from 65 to upper 70s (plus my keeper who is an 81 I believe), the team (Leeds) is rated 3 1/2 stars, and my manager is up to 5 full stars. I got job offers from MAJOR clubs (Real, Barca, Chelsea, etc...wow!), but I wanted to see my effort continue. it is seriously weathering the storm through my first 2 games (Birmingham and Blackburn) who are both 4 1/2 star teams. I think the goal of "avoid relegation" will not be completed with a league crown this time (I won the previous 2), and I hope I can end up in the middle and earn some sponsor money in the process

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »