Home

Custom Tactics Not Applying To Manager Mode

This is a discussion on Custom Tactics Not Applying To Manager Mode within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #9
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Custom Tactics Not Applying To Manager Mode

I used all 28 slots and renamed about 45-50 stadiums and they have stuck so far. I have auto-save on but I still save my MM & my Settings before I turn it off.

Only thing I'm worried about is the eventual squad update overwriting my file somehow.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:29 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've saved my custom tactics 3 or 4 times, but when I attempt to play a game they all revert back to the same high pressure racing up and down the pitch defaults. I thought this might just be in MM, but it's the same in exhibitions as well. All my other edits: players, formations, stadiums save fine. I've tried auto and manual save but nothing is working. Anybody know a way around this?
Old 11-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 8

Can you solve this with a more "explicit" save?

If you save into the "new" space it asks you for a name.

This effectively creates a new file.

I sometimes find this helps (it did in FIFA09).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #12
Rookie

I tried saving to a new profile but it's still the same. I'm on the verge of just giving up except I spent way too many hours editing(who in their right mind would edit all the boots in the Football League?). There's got to be some way to make these formations stick.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:28 PM   #13
Rookie

Magno Gonzalez's Arena

OVR: 3

maybe you are not selecting the saved tactic ?
lets say you edited the tactics and saved it.. it is saved with the name you gave to it but not auto selected, the fact that you saved it doesnt mean the team has automatically switched to the tactic you just saved do you must than manually select the recently saved tactic and being sure it is the tactic being used ?
Old 11-17-2009, 12:52 AM   #14
Rookie

Well, I've tried everything I know to get my custom tactics to stick but it looks like it just ain't gonna happen. I may just have to re-edit and use the new defaults that EA sent out, although from the looks of them they didn't exert a whole lot of effort on them either. There seem to be an awful lot of straight 50's, but at least that's better than playing pinball with the straight 70's that were on there before. Just don't see too much variety in them, but I havn't really examined them all. Anyway if anybody comes up with a miracle solution to make custom tactics stick, please post them here. I'll save all my old squad files just in case.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #15
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax1
There seem to be an awful lot of straight 50's, but at least that's better than playing pinball with the straight 70's that were on there before.
I noticed this as well when looking at a sample last night. I checked teams in England (PL & lower), France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and some random leagues. Most of them had everything between 50-60 with a few 40s sprinkled in and I did see they kept Barca at 70 for pressure (accurate).

Not much variety, but it's better than over-aggressive D and all 70s. At least we can alter the tactics before a game if we wish. I'll probably lower build-up speed for each team I play and lower pressure/width if the other team should play conservatively.

I wonder if the board will buy this excuse when they go to sack me:

Quote:
Board: How can you explain crashing out of the cup at such an early stage to a lesser opponent?

Me: Well, they were using my expertly devised tactics. Does that count for anything?

Board: SACKED!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 08:33 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 26

Question for the OP: You say the tactics for CPU teams isn't sticking in MM. How do you check that, given you can't control other teams in MM and therefore can't view their tactics?

Last edited by baa7; 11-17-2009 at 08:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »