Home

Debt glitch...

This is a discussion on Debt glitch... within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2009, 10:03 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Icon5 Debt glitch...

I'm sure many of you have heard about it, after changing teams you become over 2 billion dollars in debt and you can not get out of it.

Now so far EA has been very adamant in saying that they do not plan on releasing a 3rd patch, however this glitch definitely renders MM as broken or unplayable to me. Players are left with 2 options, start off with the team they intend of staying with and face a high chance to be sacked quickly, or do as the designers intended and work your way up to the best teams.

But after all your hard work in climbing the ranks you are rewarded with a budget that reads -2 billion dollars.
Its a lose lose situation.

Can any one offer any insight into this glitch? Maybe any ideas as to what causes it or how to avoid it. Maybe when you become manager of certain teams its triggered, so maybe its only safe to take over a few teams? If you managed to switch teams without seeing this glitch please help me. What team/league were you originally in? Where did you transfer to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Debt glitch...

From what I've read, it's completely random. I've learned to keep a multiple-save rotation going from getting burned on corrupted saves in the past.

Hopefully you can just revert back to a prior save if it happens. If not, then , and FM10 only from then on.

EDIT: Alright, now I'm curious. Time to do some testing.

Bad news. I simmed four times, changed teams each time after the season, and each time got the debt glitch. The fifth time, I stayed with my team and the budget carried over fine. That really sucks because now you basically have to stay with the same team throughout your career. I guess my only question is: how the **** do you not test that? Seriously.

Well, this game's replay value just flew out the window for me. I love the game on the pitch, but I am really a MM fan, and this just sucks. Oh well, maybe I'll join up with that 4-star max league I saw someone starting up. I get my manager fix from FM anyways...

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 11-16-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:33 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

This seems like something that is important enough to warrant EA to make an adjustment.

I know we all like to complain about weather and stuff, but ...

This *actually* effects the gameplay.

Please, please, please fix this issue!
Old 11-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

EA is aware of the problem and their response has essentially been "oh well." They are very adamant in their position that there will be no further updates. All I was told is that "the developers will look to the cause to ensure that it will not be there in the future"
Old 11-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #5
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

After being fired from Tottenham, I was disappointed, but looking forward to starting somewhere and building my way back up. The I discovered the "debt glitch" and realized it was game over.

Very unfortunate that they don't seem to have an interest in fixing it. You would think out of pride, if nothing else, they would want to correct something that virtually bricks an entire portion of the game they did work on to revamp, which was to allow Manager Mode to be this perpetual thing that you keep playing, instead of getting a "Game Over" screen. Especially given how much easier it is to get fired in THIS career mode, as compared to other Franchise modes in sports games.

I really do consider this a Game of the Year candidate, but if they're not going to address such a critical issue that shipped with the retail game, then it needs to be added to the equation when doing the post-mortem evaluation on the game as a whole.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
Rookie

rush02721's Arena

OVR: 3

Well, I have to think this is a game killer for me, I a in my first year of my MM and if this is the case then what is the point? I wanted to build up my prestige and progress into a star manager taking over a top club. It seems that I can never truly start a franchise mode in any game anymore Madden has it's issues now this. I can only play online for so long until I'm bored of playing against the same teams over and over again. Guess I'm going back to The Show
Old 11-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush02721
Well, I have to think this is a game killer for me, I a in my first year of my MM and if this is the case then what is the point? I wanted to build up my prestige and progress into a star manager taking over a top club. It seems that I can never truly start a franchise mode in any game anymore Madden has it's issues now this. I can only play online for so long until I'm bored of playing against the same teams over and over again. Guess I'm going back to The Show
Yeah, totally. While I have to admit that the GM progression feature is in a lot of games and I never use it, I can imagine a game like College Hoops where the whole appeal of it was the coaching carousel and trying to generate better job offers out of your success. That can't happen in Manager Mode with this glitch. So, I recommend picking a team that you could see yourself wanting to develop and stick with.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah I started a MM with Real Madrid because I thought it would be fun to build a Galacticos team. After my second year with them I should have had 200 million in club budget and about 600,000 in wage budget but instead I got hit with the glitch and had negative money in both. I did not switch teams at all during this manager mode. I'm pretty pissed. EA THIS MAKES MM UNPLAYABLE!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »