Home

Transfer Market Advice ...

This is a discussion on Transfer Market Advice ... within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Transfer Market Advice ...

What "interest" did you have for the player who agreed to join you?

What level of interest should I be looking for?

What level is too low ... the "no way to get that guy" level?

Can I just solve all problems with more $$$?
Old 11-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8

OK ... I did some work last night ... here is what I discovered ...

You can increase the player interest by offering more wages or upping the bonuses - I think we all knew that already. So I kept increasing the player wage until I got the interest to 85%. It is possible to offer even more money - but the interest does not go higher than 85% - so I will call this the "$ for 85%".

I then compared "$ for 85%" to what the player was originally asking for in wages. It was ALWAYS 1.4 times more. Example ...

=====
Player X wants $1700 for wages.
If you offer Player X (1.4 x $1700 = $2380) he will have 85% interest.
=====

I basically decide what I am willing to spend (in wages) on a player, divide this number by the multiplier, and then only seriously consider available players whose wage demands are below my new value (my target = "willing to spend" / "multiplier").

I was wondering ...

Does the "multiplier" (in this case the multiplier is 1.4) change with other factors?
- manager prestige (I just started - I am a 1/2 star in this experiment)
- negotiator level (my negotiator is at [5])
- the level of targeted players (all of my targets were 60-70 OVR)
- the time in the transfer window (I did this at week 2 of 8 in the first window)
- the league that my team plays in (I am Swansea in the Championship)

I feel like, as I progress, it should be easier to sign transfers, and perhaps this is reflected in a reduction in the "multiplier". If you can get the multiplier to 1.0 ... then players will have ~85% interest in your team right at the start.

I did this experiment while holding the bonus to 0% and without making any changes to the transfer fee. It is TRUE that, if you offer a bonus of 5% / 10% / 15%, you can reduce the wage that gives 85% interest. But I was just studying one aspect at a time.

I made offers for 5 players following this procedure (I upped the wages by 1.4 and had their interest level at 85%) - and all 5 of them signed with me instantly.

I am not sure if the interest MUST be at 85% - it was just that 85% was the highest I could get it to. Has anyone been able to sign a player with a lower level of interest?

I was pretty pleased with this result ... any other ideas to consider?

Last edited by SpHSpH; 11-24-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:11 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Great post, SpHSpH. Thanks for the information.

I've only signed 3 players, but I've always been about 75%, and none of them rejected.

I'm using Charlton Athletic - Negotiator 5 and around the same skill level 65-72. A 1/2 star manager week 1 and 2 of the initial transfer window.

Last edited by roxnsox; 11-24-2009 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Clarification
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 01:49 AM   #12
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

Great research, SpH. Maybe you could look into loans. In the first year of MM, unless the player is listed for loan, no teams loan out players
Old 11-28-2009, 02:13 AM   #13
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

In my first year or two with Perth in the Australian league, my manager sucked (of course), and the team was 1-star. I couldn't sign anyone, although I didn't crank up the wage offer enough to 85%. I built my team by cranking up the negotiator and scout levels while also scouting for talent. Now, in year 2, I think I started signing free agents and I got a couple of guys that weren't listed. That multiplier you (SpH) came up with seems about right from what I figured out mentally. It always seemed about 150% wage increase is what it took to get to 85% interest.

I will say though, when I reached year 7 where my team was about 4-star and my manager was maybe 3.5-star, I couldn't get any players to transfer to my team. Cranking up the wage offer increased the interest but it always stopped between 79% and 81% interest. I would always get rejected. I could make the wage offer 5x what it was and I'd still get rejected. This was with a level 10 negotiator too. The negotiations screen never mentioned why I was rejected either. No concerns about playing time or playing against better competition, etc. All I could do to get new players was through scouting. Once I reached 5-star manager with the team, which took about 10 years, it's possible I might be able to sign players again, but I don't know. I haven't tried yet and I just reached level 5. I've been saving up to get my stadium up to level 10. I'd switch to another team and try to sign players but there's that whole budget glitch deal that EA doesn't plan to fix.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 12-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #14
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah, my problem sounded similar to SlimKibbles. I've played two Manager Modes: Tottenham (got fired) & Wolverhampton (my current one). With Tottenham, I was able to sign listed transfers and even buy away MLS guys that weren't listed.

But with Wolverhampton, even recognizing that I'd have to grossly overpay to sign someone to a team possibly getting relegated, I couldn't sign ANYONE. However, the reason always given to me was "________ thinks you are trying to hog all the talent." or "Your roster is full". So I sold about 3 or 4 players hoping to "clear space", but I still got this response week after week. I had the interest up to 80-82% and was offering millions over the market value for transfer fee and wages, but no go.

I don't get it.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #15
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salhus
Great research, SpH. Maybe you could look into loans. In the first year of MM, unless the player is listed for loan, no teams loan out players
That was my other problem. There were a few players listed for loan, but they wouldn't sign either, no matter how much I paid them in wages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Best advice is stay out of the transfer market the first year if you can. Get your rep up, negotiator up, and sell players early in the market during year 2. Players will not want to come if you have a lot of guys playing the same position as well. If you can you should have a good amount of money to work with. I started selling players in Jan of the first transfer window just to start setting up room. Only thing is that they will only allow you to sell so many players. You will get a message saying the board thinks you are ruining the core of the team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »