Home

Balls in the air ...

This is a discussion on Balls in the air ... within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Balls in the air ...

-----
This may not be true, but it seems to me that you need to let go of the L-stick before you hit the button to head the ball (shot or pass) then move it in the direction you want to aim your header for the best results. I seemed to slide out of position a lot after a jostle if I held the L-stick the whole time. I guess it makes sense if you think about it:
-----

I sort of agree with this in light of regular shooting as well. I think it is best to let off the L-Stick for just a moment when you elect to press A to shoot. And then back onto the L-Stick to aim the shot right before you "finish" pressing A. It is a lot that happens quickly ... but it is something that I often try to keep in mind.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I lol'd at the thread title.

But seriously, Only time I can ever trap the ball from a goal kick is if I dont even press anything and just let my player trap it himself. Sometimes it works but sometimes it doesnt. It works more often than me actually trying to do it myself, though.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:13 AM   #11
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
(I'm not British but figured a soccer thread is one of the few places I can use the word "whilst" and get away with it)
Don't let your D-town homies read this. They mighteth taketh thee a fool
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 08:15 AM   #12
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

I don't have trouble trapping a long volley, pass, but speaking of
'balls in the air', I find it more difficult this year to defend the corner.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMULA316
I find it more difficult this year to defend the corner.
I agree with this. It seems like if you allow the automatic player switching to select the right guy then you're almost always going to be positioned behind the attacking player. I usually select someone in the middle of the box before the kick is taken and then hope I can get into position to properly defend the cross.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #14
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebby
I agree with this. It seems like if you allow the automatic player switching to select the right guy then you're almost always going to be positioned behind the attacking player. I usually select someone in the middle of the box before the kick is taken and then hope I can get into position to properly defend the cross.
I turn auto switch off, but even moving a defender in front of the
goal, seems the attackers rise higher.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #15
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Is there any way to stipulate which of your players go into the box for a corner attempt? I have a 6'8" striker on my team, but half the time, he's not in the box, which would seem to be a waste.

One of things frustrating for me about FIFA is how irrelevant I am in the aerial game on offense. Defensively, I see huge advantages in having center backs who are 6'3" or taller (particularly on headers into the box). But since I'm terrible at set pieces and pretty much any attempt I make at heading the ball towards the net ends in epic failure, I'm not sure why I even bother with the big slow guys up front...

Last edited by StormJH1; 12-07-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Is there any way to stipulate which of your players go into the box for a corner attempt? I have a 6'8" striker on my team, but half the time, he's not in the box, which would seem to be a waste.

One of things frustrating for me about FIFA is how irrelevant I am in the aerial game on offense. Defensively, I see huge advantages in having center backs who are 6'3" or taller (particularly on headers into the box). But since I'm terrible at set pieces and pretty much any attempt I make at heading the ball towards the net ends in epic failure, I'm not sure why I even bother with the big slow guys up front...
Wow I would assume that you would be scoring headers left and right with 6'3 defenders and 6'8 attackers.. maybe its your timing? If you catch the ball on the way up or on the way down it probably wont be as accurate as if you hit it right at the peak of your jump. Idk about your original question, though. Maybe you can choose which players go into the box if you create a set piece? But I honestly dont know because I havent messed with the create a set piece feature, yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »