Home

CPU Physical Play (no fouls called)

This is a discussion on CPU Physical Play (no fouls called) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
CPU Physical Play (no fouls called)

This has been bothering me recently - looking for other thoughts ...

Does the CPU get away with TOO MANY fouls? It seems that "physical play" is something that EA added to the game this year ... and as is usually the case with new EA ideas, it does not appear to be fully worked out. It actually feels like there are two sets of rules - one for me and another for the CPU.

My players get knocked down all the time - especially in the attacking third. I would be excited about this if the CPU ever got whistled for the foul - I would welcome the chance to work on my free kicks. But - NOPE - rarely do I hear the whistle.

I feel like I get called for a lot of chippy fouls.

Pretty frustrating.

Any strategies for this? Either "how do I get the CPU to stop murdering my dudes?" or "how do I get the ref to whistle the CPU for their frequent fouls?".

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: CPU Physical Play (no fouls called)

One key thing to remember is that the ref won't blow the whistle if the CPU touches the ball, even if ever so slightly. What you have to do is knock the ball ahead of the player you're controlling right before the challenge, so that the CPU misses the ball entirely. Only then will you receive a FK.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 38

Lower the aggression on the teams you are using !
I have had tons of fouls both equal I actually had 2 penalty kick in my last both me and cpu , Oh and the cpu even got a red card
By lowering Speed , pressure but Especially AGGRESSION your taking away the cpu cheat /boost and forcing them to really play Defense which leads to everything all types of fouls !
Old 12-11-2009, 09:37 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

A few more thoughts ...

1 - I have already dealt with the aggression/pressure issue ... I am using the generic custom team tactics that have been discussed in detail on this board in previous threads.

2 - Is there also an inconsistency with how the advantage rule is applied? I feel like, when I am on attack and I see the "advantage" graphic, I often play on for about one second, then lose possession, and do not get awarded the free kick. But, when the CPU is on attack, the "advantage" time window lasts much longer, and they still receive a free kick well after they have played on. Does anyone else feel this is true?

What should I do if I would rather have the free kick instead of the advantage?
Old 12-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH

Stop your player with the ball (stand still). Defenders will swarm your player and touch the ball. If they touch the ball pretty early after the advantage is given you will get your free kick. If too much time has surpassed you won't get your advantage, a free kick and will likely lose possession. Just make sure you stop your player as soon as the ref waves for play on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I hate to say it but I agree that the CPU gets away with too many fouls while the user rarely gets away with a slight foul. It seems the refs will always let you play the advantage when there is really no advantage or they just wont call the foul at all. Anyway, what helps for me is the stop the ball just as the CPU is coming in and sometimes they'll slide into ur legs and get called for a foul or even get a card.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #7
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
Stop your player with the ball (stand still).
LiverpoolRed beat me to it. I've started going to the shield ball (hold R2/trigger) immediately when I want the FK. The ref seems to blow the whistle quite quickly.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:22 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Does the CPU get away with TOO MANY fouls? It seems that "physical play" is somethingthat EA added to the game this year ... and as is usually the case with new EA ideas, it does not appear to be fully worked out. It actually feels like there are two sets of rules - one for me and another for the CPU.
That's not new, the game has played that way for a long while. Also, when the CPU momentum advantage kicks in, the discrepency is even more pronounced in favor of the CPU.

Lowering CPU Tackling ratings helps to even that out. Those ratings act as "foul modifier" so to speak. The lower they are, the less the CPU is able to tackle cleanly, resulting in more calls against it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »