Home

FIFA 11 Ideas: Abandon the Double Team Button & Trigger Sprinting

This is a discussion on FIFA 11 Ideas: Abandon the Double Team Button & Trigger Sprinting within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 11 Ideas: Abandon the Double Team Button & Trigger Sprinting

The one thing I want to see EA implement is a global slider system for this game. At this point there is no excuse for it to not be in there and would solve a host of problems.

That out of the way, I actually do like the way NHL works their play. Not having a sprint button brings the game back to reality a little bit. Yes, we all know that in the real world a player can give a little extra at certain times, but in the gaming world nobody abides by that rule. I actually think NBA 2K10 does a really good job with stamina and their handling of turbo simply by bringing back the good old fashioned turbo/stamina meter. Works really well and subs in that game happen accordingly.

I thought one of the big things Rutter talked about this year was that stamina was going to be impacted more. I honestly don't see it. Occasionally when playing on World Class against the CPU I'll see a guy hunched over because he is tired, but the cue to the user just isn't blatant enough. His ratings may be suffering because he's exhausted, but there really isn't any solid feedback to the user that is happening. And you can still sprint all day long with them if you want. Speed/fatigue should be tied together - just like they are in NBA 2K10 - or do away with turbo all together like in NHL and rely on things like first touch and knock-on to get that extra boost. To me, that's even more accurate.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:36 AM   #10
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: FIFA 11 Ideas: Abandon the Double Team Button & Trigger Sprinting

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
There's the real problem: "online." Honestly, I don't understand how anyone expects a game to play sim while playing with the typical online strangers and idiots.
On many an occasion, I have played a 'sim style' of game with another
player online. Mind you it all starts when we choose our respective
2-3 star teams...I wish FIFA would at least limit the amount one can
'turbo' all game long.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »