Home

Custom Team Tactics discussion (w/ links)

This is a discussion on Custom Team Tactics discussion (w/ links) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #33
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Custom Team Tactics discussion (w/ links)

yeah this is very annoying. they should make the tactics part of the roster and still give you the ability to change certain generic tactics you make on the fly. multiple tactics per team too.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:34 AM   #34
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

Lately, ive assigned a custom formation to the CPU instead of the default one they have. The formation is the same as their default one in regards to base position, but I have all the defensive arrows of "player work rate" at red for everyone except defenders. Also, I have the "player positioning" arrows pointing forward for offense and nothing for defense. This helps out with the problem of the CPU pursuing too heavily when their chasing from behind.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:46 PM   #35
MVP

teambayern's Arena

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to post in it for two reasons:

1) Huge thanks to all those that contributed, this looks to drastically improve my FIFA experience, and will finally coax me into playing MM.

2) Question: I love the fact that I can breath when in possession now, but at times it feels like the difficulty has also been knocked down, especially with regard to the CPU attack. I play on pro using all manual like most in the forum. Do you all find that WC or Legendary is more appropriate when using these types of tactics?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 02:25 AM   #36
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

OVR: 16

The difficulty hasn't been knocked down, it is just the lack of a CPU defender breathing down your neck the whole time you have the ball. You might want to try to bump up the difficulty next time you play and see how it feels for you then.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #37
MVP

teambayern's Arena

Thanks, I tried World Class and I'm happier with it.

Also, to get these to work with Manager Mode, do I have to do anything special? I edited all of them beforehand, had them loaded, and then went in and started the MM last night. Only played one game, but it seemed like they were pressing me a lot more than I expected, sort of nervous the tactics are set to the defaults in the MM.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:23 AM   #38
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
Thanks, I tried World Class and I'm happier with it.

Also, to get these to work with Manager Mode, do I have to do anything special? I edited all of them beforehand, had them loaded, and then went in and started the MM last night. Only played one game, but it seemed like they were pressing me a lot more than I expected, sort of nervous the tactics are set to the defaults in the MM.
Provided you assign the CTTs to each team in the squad file you use for your MM, they will work. Not sure what tactics you're using, but some of the ones I've seen here allow for some pressing teams (which is OK). Maybe you played against a pressing CTT? Also, the CPU will alter its tactics based on game situation, so if you were up a few goals they might've gone to more aggressive tactics.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #39
MVP

teambayern's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Provided you assign the CTTs to each team in the squad file you use for your MM, they will work. Not sure what tactics you're using, but some of the ones I've seen here allow for some pressing teams (which is OK). Maybe you played against a pressing CTT? Also, the CPU will alter its tactics based on game situation, so if you were up a few goals they might've gone to more aggressive tactics.

After being this far into my MM I can tell the custom tactics are indeed working. Thanks again.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

There is an easier way to set your custom tactics for MM. When you go to play a game you will get to a team select, select the other team and comtinue on till you reach to play game, team managemnt, etc. Go to team management and select custom tactics and chamne there tactics and save( you can save over another slot or save on empty). then exit back( red button on the xbox 360) and continure to exit back till you reach the team select screen and select your team and continue forword to play the game, it will be set. Don't exit back past the team select or you will lose what you did and you will have to do it again except the tactic will be saved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »