Home

FIFA has made me interested in soccer

This is a discussion on FIFA has made me interested in soccer within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2010, 08:57 AM   #1
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
FIFA has made me interested in soccer

So i rented this game from gamefly and decided to purchase it. Its amazing. I dont know too much about soccer at all but i enjoy this game. So much that I have become a fan of the sport, as stated in another thread i am on a search for an EPL team. Right now Everton leads heart but im watching fulham.

I just wanted to know does it make foreigners mad when we call it soccer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA has made me interested in soccer

Welcome to the beautifull game!

I'm from Scotland in the UK and i have to say it doesn't make me mad mate! You have your own football so are quite entitled to call it soccer. We call your football american football or gridiron over here so that may make you mad? I'm starting to confuse myself now! lol

I am a huge fan of your football and 'soccer' and wish to get to an NFL game sometime.

If your looking for a club to follow in Scotland may I suggest Heart of Midlothian. Bit of an underdog Going through troubled times at the moment but keep grinding out results.

Enjoy
Old 01-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
Welcome to the beautifull game!

I'm from Scotland in the UK and i have to say it doesn't make me mad mate! You have your own football so are quite entitled to call it soccer. We call your football american football or gridiron over here so that may make you mad? I'm starting to confuse myself now! lol

I am a huge fan of your football and 'soccer' and wish to get to an NFL game sometime.

If your looking for a club to follow in Scotland may I suggest Heart of Midlothian. Bit of an underdog Going through troubled times at the moment but keep grinding out results.

Enjoy
well your football is what we should call our soccer since it was called that first but i guess we are stubborn as americans. I am thoroughly enjoying watching the game now that i understand it a little.

in my opinion College Football over here is where the crowds are super loud like for soccer matches over there. If you go to like a Florida vs LSU game ever at the swamp in gainsville it would blow your mind 100k people out of their minds lol
Old 01-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

Yeah to be honest the way you guys do sports blows my mind.

I love the fact that you get crowds like that for college and even high school games! I really wish we got more exposure to your college football over here.he closest i get to it is an imported version of NCAA football!

I'll keep that in mind as a 'must do game'.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 19

EA's Fifa series turned me into a "footie" fan, as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2010, 01:10 AM   #6
Rookie

dunlopp9987's Arena

Agreed. I mean, I was always "interested" in soccer, but never really got into it. Then I watched last years UEFA Champions League final between Barca and ManU, and that was it. That got me hooked. Then I went out and bought FIFA 09, and have played that and FIFA 10 ever since. I now am subscribed to Fox Soccer Channel and am a huge, huge soccer fan.

Unfortunately, I don't really have a team that I'm a fan of. I'm a fan of the Twins, Gophers, etc. because I grew up in Minnesota, and those were my teams. It's hard to just BECOME passionate about a team, thus, I haven't settled on one in the EPL. If I had to narrow it down to 3, it would be Aston Villa, Spurs, or Arsenal.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:09 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I used to hate Soccer. Hated it with all of my heart. I decided to try FIFA way back before most of you were probably born on the Sega CD. I was blown away.

I have been a fan of the sport ever since. In terms of it's drama and excitement it is probably the best sport in the whole world. The emotions can change so dramatically and so fast.

I am a fan of Sunderland, because that is where my family roots trace back too.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 01-19-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:19 AM   #8
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I used to hate Soccer. Hated it with all of my heart. I decided to try FIFA way back before most of you were probably born on the Sega CD. I was blown away.

I have been a fan of the sport ever since. In terms of it's drama and excitement it is probably the best sport in the whole world. The emotions can change so dramatically and so fast.

I am a fan of Sunderland, because that is where my family way back in the 1600's immigrated from.
oh i remember sega cd big time im 25 good ole days of gaming. Yeah i hated on the sport for no reason and my good friend told me FIFA is a great game so i rented it and fell in love with the sport now im trolling soccernet on espn. (i want to find a better site for the EPL) but man i love this game and the sport now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »