Home

Can I get players who are not "for sale"?

This is a discussion on Can I get players who are not "for sale"? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Can I get players who are not "for sale"?

My team has gotten good enough that the players who are usually listed as "for sale" during a transfer window are unlikely to be an improvement. So, instead, I am searching for "undervalued" guys at other teams ... even if they are not listed as "for sale" ... and I am going to try to make them an offer.

Does this work? Any suggestions on how this is different from going after the "for sale" guys? Will I need to offer more wages and/or a higher transfer fee? My negotiator is either a 7 or 8 ... my manager prestige is 5 (I am using Swansea City and I am in the Premiership).

Just looking for some advice. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Can I get players who are not "for sale"?

Absolutely. Make sure you give them around 1.5 times their current wage, which usually gets you around 80% interest. Or you can give them a large goal/cleansheet bonus, which allows a slightly lower wage while maintianing their interest level. But, you run the risk of paying more in the long run if they have a monster season.

As for the transfer fee, your negotiator will help, but you'll likely have to pay above market value to get them. While it seems transfer listed players can usually be had for the listed price or even less, you're going to have to splash the cash to get non-listed players.

But it can most certainly be done. Many of the players I bought in my Dortmund MM were not for sale (Falcao, Fernando, Hazard, Uche) and that was with manager prestige of 2 & level 5 negotiator (I think; could have that & scout backwards).
Old 03-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

Yep - I was able to get some guys.

I offered salary + %bonus until the interest was as high as it could go (usually 78% or 79%). This was the same thing that I had been previously doing for regular "for sale" players. I then offered "10 clicks" more for the transfer fee.

I went 6-for-6 in getting the guys I wanted.

Even with the increase in transfer fee ... most of these guys were still "cheaper" than if I tried to get a high-level "for sale" player.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #4
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Interesting. I tried to sign Freddy Adu and Jozy Altidore like this and offered them liked 2 times the salary that they were asking for and offered to pay the team like 5 times his value and they wouldn't budge
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 03-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #5
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Not only can you sign players who aren't listed, you'll need to do that if you want a realistic chance at filling team needs through transfers. Think of the "listed" players list as more of a suggestion as to who is available. But, as the poster stated above, there are much better deals to be had if you just start using the search feature, searching for "all" players of a given type, and looking for players who have undervalued market values.

There are a lot of things going on "under the hood" in FIFA 10 that are not properly explained. Adu and Altidore may not sign with your team no matter how much you offer them, but the game doesn't really give a reason as to why that is, be it team prestige, location, etc.

While the Manager Mode is far from perfect, I think the monetary system does a pretty good job evaluating players based on age, potential, and current skill. Also, I noticed that after I took a bottom-rung EPL team and turned them into a contender, the values of my players went up signficantly, irrespective of whether I had used them a lot or if they had been successful for me. There's a real fun "stock market" aspect to transfers, and I can't wait to get to my next transfer window.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »