Home

FIFA World Cup 2010 IGN UK Review

This is a discussion on FIFA World Cup 2010 IGN UK Review within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 02:29 PM   #17
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: FIFA World Cup 2010 IGN UK Review

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1086183p1.html

8.3 from the American IGN review.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but has this game always been full retail price? I seem to recall the old Euro or World Cup games being either $49 or $39. Remember that a retail PS2 game was $50, not $60, so $39.99 would've been the discounted price.

I LOVE FIFA 10. I could go spend $59.99 on this thing and be reasonably assured to enjoy playing it. But in watching the reviews, I really can't see any significant improvement over FIFA 10 in gameplay. Looks like they changed the penalty kicks a little bit and cleaned up the graphics. Anything else?

How do I justify spending $60 on this when FIFA 11 will be out, what, like in late September? Also, this game is likely to drop to $29 or $39 retail after the WC is over. The price is just too high for something that doesn't really seem to add much new. I can "afford" it, but on principle, I don't think I should. Particularly when that same $60 could go towards any number of other games out there that offer a new gaming experience.

On Winning Eleven 8/9...they are great games, I still throw them in my PS2 from time to time and have fun with them. But I can't say with a straight face that they are "better" than FIFA 10. The FIFA gameplay made huge strides (and basically copied everything good about PES/WE) to the point where there's really no basis for saying that. Plus, FIFA has some gameplay elements (particularly First Touch) that PES never had.

Last edited by StormJH1; 04-27-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #18
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1086183p1.html

8.3 from the American IGN review.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but has this game always been full retail price? I seem to recall the old Euro or World Cup games being either $49 or $39. Remember that a retail PS2 game was $50, not $60, so $39.99 would've been the discounted price.

I LOVE FIFA 10. I could go spend $59.99 on this thing and be reasonably assured to enjoy playing it. But in watching the reviews, I really can't see any significant improvement over FIFA 10 in gameplay. Looks like they changed the penalty kicks a little bit and cleaned up the graphics. Anything else?

How do I justify spending $60 on this when FIFA 11 will be out, what, like in late September? Also, this game is likely to drop to $29 or $39 retail after the WC is over. The price is just too high for something that doesn't really seem to add much new. I can "afford" it, but on principle, I don't think I should. Particularly when that same $60 could go towards any number of other games out there that offer a new gaming experience.

On Winning Eleven 8/9...they are great games, I still throw them in my PS2 from time to time and have fun with them. But I can't say with a straight face that they are "better" than FIFA 10. The FIFA gameplay made huge strides (and basically copied everything good about PES/WE) to the point where there's really no basis for saying that. Plus, FIFA has some gameplay elements (particularly First Touch) that PES never had.
Strongly disagree. FIFA 10 wishes it had the AI that WE9 had.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:38 PM   #19
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Strongly disagree. FIFA 10 wishes it had the AI that WE9 had.
Which PES was WE9?
Old 04-28-2010, 09:20 AM   #20
P2K
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Which PES was WE9?
PES5
Old 04-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #21
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
PES5
In my opinion PES6 was better than 5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #22
P2K
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
In my opinion PES6 was better than 5

Well, that's your opinion. So be it.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:48 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Even though your entire post is correct, It's not about me not being a fan of the game.

If soccer games stopped with WE9, I would still be playing it with a smile on my face. Seems like since then, there have been a bunch of pretenders.
Haha, i still play WE9 to this day ( with updated squads from pesdatabase ). Because i've been around long enough to know these others are just pretenders !!

If you ask me, PES6 is where it begins to go wrong for the series. and they started going the arcade route.

Last edited by Dabeeds; 04-29-2010 at 03:00 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #24
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabeeds
Haha, i still play WE9 to this day ( with updated squads from pesdatabase ). Because i've been around long enough to know these others are just pretenders !!

If you ask me, PES6 is where it begins to go wrong for the series. and they started going the arcade route.
I still have the game for PC, mayb I should play it again

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »