Home

2010 FIFA World Cup Impressions

This is a discussion on 2010 FIFA World Cup Impressions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 02:13 PM   #65
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup Impressions

[record screeching] Whoa, wait a minute. Do you mean to tell me the PS3 controllers aren't 360 degree analog or FIFA for PS3 isn't designed to use it? Something always felt weird about playing it on PS3... I always assumed it was not being accustomed to the controller layout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #66
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
[record screeching] Whoa, wait a minute. Do you mean to tell me the PS3 controllers aren't 360 degree analog or FIFA for PS3 isn't designed to use it? Something always felt weird about playing it on PS3... I always assumed it was not being accustomed to the controller layout.
it might be true. I've experienced many times what Bruins mentioned. I've gotten very used to it though and doesn't bother me at all.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #67
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Couple of questions:

How are defensive headers? Can you get more power on them?

How are the CPU FK's? On World Class/Legendary the CPU's convert on a very high % of FKs around the box regardless of player/league/skill.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #68
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

I absolutely hate to ask for rosters, but if anyone could shoot me Canada's starting XI (or more ) that would be appreciated.

Also, are the story of qualifying scenarios good? Do I get to get overly depressed by beating Canada in one of them?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #69
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
I absolutely hate to ask for rosters, but if anyone could shoot me Canada's starting XI (or more ) that would be appreciated.

Also, are the story of qualifying scenarios good? Do I get to get overly depressed by beating Canada in one of them?
I have only played a few scenarios, but the scenarios and the commentary that goes along with it is awesome. For example, if you do the France - Ireland one it starts after the France goal which was aided by the Henry handball and they talk about that when the scenario starts. It is great IMO>

I don't know if any of them involve Canada. I did not check all of them.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:58 PM   #70
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Okay, so we know anything above Pro is cheesefest and that slow is the way to go.

What I would like to know from rckabilly's recorded games...what level are those played on? Because I see alot of easy stealing with no fouls ala FIFA 10.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Can you have 2 human controlled teams during qualifying or at least during the group and knockout stages?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #72
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Okay, so we know anything above Pro is cheesefest and that slow is the way to go.

What I would like to know from rckabilly's recorded games...what level are those played on? Because I see alot of easy stealing with no fouls ala FIFA 10.
it's on pro and cpu vs cpu. I've played several games now and my fouls are varying pretty greatly. One game I'll get called for like 10 fouls and another I'll get called for like 1 or 2. I've also been outshot by the cpu several times yet I was able to keep a clean sheet. I've also outpossessed the cpu a few times. So the fun factor and replay value is still there for me. I'm getting good games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »