Home

Major Problem in Manager Mode - PLEASE HELP

This is a discussion on Major Problem in Manager Mode - PLEASE HELP within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Major Problem in Manager Mode - PLEASE HELP

Ok so every time I try to load my Manager Mode the game makes my 360 freeze. I have no idea why. My friend has his manager mode saved on my 360 as well, and when he loads his, it's all good. As soon as I load mine, it freezes. So I decided to start a new on and see what happens. I save the new one 2 games into the season. A couple hours later I turn my 360 back on. I load it, FREEZES AGAIN! THE NEW ONE! So I turn my 360 off, turn it back on, and load my friend's season. It loads fine like always. So I exit it and try mine again, FREEZES AGAIN!

Anyone have this happen to them? WTF is this ish? Is it the disc itself?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Major Problem in Manager Mode - PLEASE HELP

I've had a lot of freezing problems with FIFA10 on my 360 as well -- although my console is 4+ years old and dying -- but nothing quite like you describe. The only thing I can think of involves editing a custom formation from the main menu team management section. If that formation is assigned to your team in MM, it can corrupt the save and replace players with numerical "placeholders".

It can work the other way, too. If you edit a formation in your MM menu that is assigned to a team in your main menu squad file, it can corrupt your squad file. Or so my own mistakes in the past would seem to indicate. Hope I explained it well enough.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Wow, so what you are saying is that if I use Manchester United (who I believe have a formation assigned to them), and if I change that said formation, then my MM will freeze?

If this is true, then I'm giving EA a call tomorrow, and it won't be pretty. I'm already banned for life from the 2KSports forums, I think EA is about to join that lovely list.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:25 AM   #4
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

Yes and no. You can edit formations within a manager mode (or from the main menu) without issue provided that the formation you're editing is not assigned to a team as their default. To be safe, I don't assign any custom formations in my squad file and I only edit my MM formations from within the MM menu.

I'm not sure if it always causes a problem if you don't do it like this, but I've had it happen to me enough times (two or three) to know something isn't right.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Yes and no. You can edit formations within a manager mode (or from the main menu) without issue provided that the formation you're editing is not assigned to a team as their default. To be safe, I don't assign any custom formations in my squad file and I only edit my MM formations from within the MM menu.

I'm not sure if it always causes a problem if you don't do it like this, but I've had it happen to me enough times (two or three) to know something isn't right.
Ok so tell me if I understand this correctly. If I assign a custom formation then the save file will freeze? So for example, can I change their formation to one in the game already? Will it freeze then? Or will it only freeze if I edit a formation and then assign it to my team?

Cause I'm kinda confused lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMVP91
Cause I'm kinda confused lol
Sorry, it's hard to explain and I'm not 100% sure if it is what is causing your freezing problem. If you can load the save and scroll to team management, check to see if there is a string of numbers (eg, 11898389918) in place of a players name in the starting 11 window that appears to the right. If so, this bug is likely your culprit.

As I was attempting to explain, you can use custom formations. You just have to be careful about how you edit them. The problem occurs when you edit a custom formation after it is assigned to a team as its default formation in the team management menu. You can edit/create formations without causing any problems, provided the saved formation you're changing is not currently assigned to a team in either your MM team management section or in your squad file.

To give you an example, when I want to edit the formation -- let's call it Custom 4-2-3-1 -- I use as the default for my MM team I do the following steps:

1. Load MM save
2. From MM menu, go into team management --> formation
3. Custom 4-2-3-1 is the assigned formation (indicated with green checkmark)
4. Switch assigned formation to "team default"
5. Scroll back to Custom 4-2-3-1, press X/square to edit
6. Edit as you please and save Custom 4-2-3-1
7. Re-assign Custom 4-2-3-1 to be the active formation
8. MOST IMPORTANTLY: Never edit Custom 4-2-3-1 from Main Menu --> Team Management --> Formation while it is assigned to your squad in your MM save.

Step #4 is a safety net I started doing to be extra cautious after corrupting a MM save in FIFA10. Step 8 is really the key to avoiding corruption. I think the best thing to do is to make a group of formations solely for use in you manager mode and never edit them outside of MM.

I am also weary of editing a formation during a game, but since I rarely, if ever, do so I'm not sure the best way to go about it. Probably just create a new formation I suppose. I wish there was a way to make temporary formation edits during a match like you could in WE/PES. It would make things a lot easier...

Last edited by Qb; 04-28-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Well I can't check to see if players are replaced with numbers because it won't even let me load my MM. As soon as I go to load it, and hit the name it's under, the 360 automatically freezes, no matter what.

Also, I don't ever remember editing any team's formation outside of my MM, so I'm not really sure if that's causing any problem here.

This is what I did. I selected Man Utd. I wanted to use 1 striker so I switched from their defualt formation to a 4-2-3-1. After I selected the 4-2-3-1 as my new formation (with the green check showing), I then clicked the X button, so I can edit the player positions on the field myself, the way I like it. After I was done, it asked me if I wanted to save my custon formation, to which I said 'yes', and then went on to save it. After that, I went to the formation screen again and made my new (edited) custon 4-2-3-1 as my formation (with the green check next to it), then exited the formation screen, and saved my MM file.

However, here is an interesting thing I noticed. When I was done editing my 4-2-3-1 formation, and then it asked me if I wanted to save it, when I said yes, all the "save slots" were EMPTY. This is weird though because I clearly remember saving atleast a couple of custom (edited) formations before (when using Real Madrid, in a different MM file). So I wonder why my Real Madrid formations were not appearing there as saved, but rather everything was empty? You think this can have anything to do with this?

Thanks for all the help by the way, really appreciate it!
Old 04-28-2010, 09:33 PM   #8
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMVP91
You think this can have anything to do with this?

Thanks for all the help by the way, really appreciate it!
Hmm, that is weird. Did your ManU save exist when you were editing formations in your Madrid save? If so, is it possible one of the formations you edited in the Madrid MM was set as your active formation in the ManU save? That would probably do it...

Also, do you use autosave? I usually don't in any game, as I spend enough time reading stuff on here about it causing problems in many different games. Not sure how much validity there is to it, but it's a common theme.

And you're welcome, happy to help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »