Home

Fifa World Cup Improvements

This is a discussion on Fifa World Cup Improvements within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2010, 06:17 AM   #1
Rookie

man_u_treble's Arena

OVR: 2
Fifa World Cup Improvements

Just a couple of little things I think would help the depth of the game:

1 - This is the biggest idea, why doesn't EA have all the competitions from the end of the last World Cup. When you start a new "full" Qualifying campaign, it would show a short video of Italy raising the cup, and say something to the effect of "see you in South Africa". Then, using the USA for example, you play through all of the qualifiers plus the Gold Cup and if you qualify the Confederations Cup. I would love to see continental tournaments in this game. The only hurdle to this would be the European Championships, since they already have their own game.

2 - Roster Selection: In early May you should have to trim your roster to at least 30, then there should be 2 or 3 friendlies to play. Then, on June 1st you should have to trim again to get 23.

3 - When filling in the 23 and 30 man rosters, it should start out blank, and you fill it in. It would just make it seem more like you are in charge.

4 - Let me assign numbers to the 23 man roster. When I play with Argentina, I usually bring in Riquelme. In the game currently he has the number #38. FIFA only allows the numbers 1 - 23 in the World Cup. Also when playing with England, I like to try and keep their tradition of the starters wearing the numbers 1 - 11, but that is next to impossible in this game.

Just a few things that I think would make the game that much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
Rookie

Canes5's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Fifa World Cup Improvements

I want to see a world cup online mode where I can do it just with my friends, but that seems like a long shot now.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
Rookie

man_u_treble's Arena

2 more I thought of today:

5 - Actually picking the captain and vice captain. Lets say I'm France and I have T. Henry as the captain, and it's late in the game (80th minute). I want to bring in a sub, since Henry is tired. I bring in Nasri and low and behold he is wearing the captain's arm band. This would never happen. There should be a cut sequence where we see Henry giving the vice captain the arm band, say Gallas. Nasri would never be given the arm band, he is too young (and not going to South Africa, but should be, along with Benzema).

6 - If either team is going into the final group game already advancing, have the announcers say something about resting players, or players who are not playing because the manager is afraid they will pick up another yellow and be out for the Round of 16 game.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:07 PM   #4
Rookie

man_u_treble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes5
I want to see a world cup online mode where I can do it just with my friends, but that seems like a long shot now.
This is something I'm surprised is not in the game. I do not play much online, if any, but I can see where this would be a MAJOR draw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »