Home

World Cup 2010... Improve Form?

This is a discussion on World Cup 2010... Improve Form? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
Rookie

Richuation's Arena

OVR: 3
World Cup 2010... Improve Form?

Hey guys, I have been lurking for a while and I figured that this crowd would be able to help me out. I'm playing World Cup 2010 and my team's form is going down every match. How can I improve this?

Do they need rest? Do they need more action?

Last edited by Richuation; 05-31-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: World Cup 2010... Improve Form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richuation
Hey guys, I have been trolling for a while and I figured that this crowd would be able to help me out. I'm playing World Cup 2010 and my team's form is going down every match. How can I improve this?

Do they need rest? Do they need more action?

When you say "form"...do you mean formation? Or something else?
Old 05-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #3
Rookie

Richuation's Arena

When I manage my squad in between matches in the Road to the World Cup mode, I can move players around based on player rating and form. Form meaning condition, mindset, health... But my form just continues to deteriorate.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

I don't know the answer to your question, but I believe you mean "lurking", not "trolling".

A troll is a bad thing.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:39 AM   #5
Rookie

Richuation's Arena

anyone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 04:07 AM   #6
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

are you subbing your guys during matches?? You should have at least a few guys whose form is good before each match. Try changing your lineup for a game or two. Don't hesitate to use reserves who are in good form
Old 06-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Form is related to on-field performance, but not just goals and winning. Play a few games in the CYC mode where you are just one guy and watch what happens to your match form score with each decision you make.

You might score a goal with a guy, but if he turns the ball over like mad through bad passing or getting the ball taken off his feet, his form is going to go down.

Form increases through linking passes together, playing team ball, defending smartly, and staying in position (or keeping your shape).

Form decreases by making bad passes, turning the ball over, playing selfishly, or taking guys way the hell out of position by chasing the ball all over the pitch.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

To elaborate a bit on what RichUT posted, its all about knowing your teams strengths and weaknesses. Even more specifically, knowing what each player likes to do on the field. Keeping players in the right spots on the field and not getting fouls or turnovers with them seem to be the biggest factors in determining form as far as I can tell.

I've been playing as Spain in the WC mode lately. Sergio Ramos is my RB but he's also an offensive minded player. By default, he pushes up in the formation a lot, sometimes even getting as far up as a winger dumping in crosses. Pushing up and crossing with him actually gives him good match rating. Conversely, pushing Puyol up into midfield brings his rating down.

I've managed to keep all of my active Spain squad in the green on form just by getting to know the team. They also suit my more offensive style of play. When I was giving France and the USA a shot, I couldn't keep anyone's form in the green.

One other things I try to do is sub in people when I can, especially if one of my subs is 'on form.'

Hope that helps a little bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »