Home

NO CPU vs. CPU? Why?

This is a discussion on NO CPU vs. CPU? Why? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
Rookie

man_u_treble's Arena

OVR: 2
NO CPU vs. CPU? Why?

So I made all 32 nations as being controlled by a human. Then I was going to play the entire WC cpu vs. cpu. So I go to the first game, South Africa vs. Mexico. Nope you can't do this, you have to select a team. Why does EA produce a game that does not allow you to use it the way you want to.

Along the same lines, why can't I create players? Since H. Gomez is not in the game. I was going to create him, but low and behold you can't (I don't want to wait until the new rosters are out, I would like to play now).

I like the game but feel it could have been MUCH better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NO CPU vs. CPU? Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_u_treble
So I made all 32 nations as being controlled by a human. Then I was going to play the entire WC cpu vs. cpu. So I go to the first game, South Africa vs. Mexico. Nope you can't do this, you have to select a team. Why does EA produce a game that does not allow you to use it the way you want to.

Along the same lines, why can't I create players? Since H. Gomez is not in the game. I was going to create him, but low and behold you can't (I don't want to wait until the new rosters are out, I would like to play now).

I think with the whole CPU V.S CPU problem is probably becuase EA would like you to play there game. I have no idea why it isn't in there though.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Is this only in WC mode? Because in the exhibition matches you can play CPU vs CPU
Old 05-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #4
Rookie

man_u_treble's Arena

Yes it is only in WC or WC Qualifying mode.

I have played the game plenty of times. I'm in the process of trying to qualify with Russia. Just wanted to see who the game thought would win the tournament.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I know it's not quite the same thing, but maybe do a Captain Your Country, create Gomez there, then make him available to be used in other modes.

Maybe that would work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 04:23 PM   #6
Rookie

man_u_treble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmjo
I know it's not quite the same thing, but maybe do a Captain Your Country, create Gomez there, then make him available to be used in other modes.

Maybe that would work?
Yes that could work, I will give that a try. I just don't understand why EA makes a game that is not open to use any way you want.

Thanks for the tip.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_u_treble

I did the same thing and almost came unhinged when it told me I had to choose one of the teams to continue. Instead, I decided to play games on kickoff mode/group stage and just follow the WC schedule playing the games at the stadiums they are scheduled to be played at and see how it turns out. It's funny too, cuz when I played Uruguay vs France the announcers made a comment about it being played on the first day of the World Cup which is correct.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #8
Rookie

man_u_treble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealGooch
I did the same thing and almost came unhinged when it told me I had to choose one of the teams to continue. Instead, I decided to play games on kickoff mode/group stage and just follow the WC schedule playing the games at the stadiums they are scheduled to be played at and see how it turns out. It's funny too, cuz when I played Uruguay vs France the announcers made a comment about it being played on the first day of the World Cup which is correct.
I have thought about doing that, but it will not allow you to pick which stage of the tournament you want the game to be played in. I selected South Africa vs. Mexico, and it was a friendly. The other thing that doing it this way will not allow for is yellow and red cards. You can't take players out that are suspended.

If you do finish this, please let me know how it went.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »