Home

New To the Game actually the whole FIFA franchise

This is a discussion on New To the Game actually the whole FIFA franchise within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2010, 04:51 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: New To the Game actually the whole FIFA franchise

try putting your controls on manual bro

j/k...just be patient in your build up..you'll catch on quick..gl
Old 06-23-2010, 11:21 AM   #10
Rookie

emark182's Arena

OVR: 4

probably a dumb question, but what do you mean by build up? Also when I am looking at my squad and moving players around, what does the "FRM" mean?

Thanks again
Old 06-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #11
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

OVR: 16

Building up play means not going directly towards the goal, you build up play by moving the ball around with your backs and midfielders in the opponents half, the AI will try and get the ball from you and its players will get out of position and you can eventually make a move towards goal with little opposition. Only use it though if you have a long match length.

FRM = form which is a rating on how well they played. I think it may just be for show but in MM it may affect how well the players do, you might notice you can't hit a free kick with a certain player and it might be because he has been performing poorly and his ratings are being temporarily altered. (Just a theory, most likely for show though in game)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #12
Rookie

emark182's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecrae
Building up play means not going directly towards the goal, you build up play by moving the ball around with your backs and midfielders in the opponents half, the AI will try and get the ball from you and its players will get out of position and you can eventually make a move towards goal with little opposition. Only use it though if you have a long match length.

FRM = form which is a rating on how well they played. I think it may just be for show but in MM it may affect how well the players do, you might notice you can't hit a free kick with a certain player and it might be because he has been performing poorly and his ratings are being temporarily altered. (Just a theory, most likely for show though in game)
Cool thanks again...I thought the FRM might have been something like what you described above...I was looking at it like this:

The player may be rated say 80, but they are playing as if they are rated 75 which would be their FRM number.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:42 PM   #13
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

If you play the BAPCAC mode on FIFA 10 you can see the latest from numbers which is how the game decideds who plays in the international matches
Old 06-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #14
Rookie

emark182's Arena

I was actually thinking about picking that one up...what do you suggest, should I wait until 2011 comes out?
Old 06-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #15
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

Just wait for FIFA 11, no point unless you maybe just rent it when it gets closer to the release date.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »