Home

Fifa World Cup Game Question

This is a discussion on Fifa World Cup Game Question within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2010, 05:01 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Fifa World Cup Game Question

Thinking about buying this game, but I was wondering something about the rosters. Are the rosters in the game the final rosters (before the coaches made the final cuts)?

Just wondering because if I play as USA, I would prefer if I had Brian Ching on my team, you know, the only forward picked to the USA original team who has actually played in a FIFA World Cup before, instead of the inexperienced forwards that Bradley decided would be a better choice to take to the world's largest event, so Ching was cut. :-p Stupid, stupid Bradley. Experience beats Inexperience everytime, dude. Come on.

Haha, anyways, just hoping they let you make your own cuts or something. Even though I highly doubt it.

Anyways, loving the demo. Seriously considering picking up the actual product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 07:56 AM   #2
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Fifa World Cup Game Question

so you think Ching would have actually made a difference? meh.

There is a FIFA forum btw just look up.

I don't have the game with me right now and since I use whatever the game gives me I can't tell you if Ching is on there or not.I know Davies is on there instead of being off for his injury so idk
Old 06-27-2010, 08:28 AM   #3
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecrae
so you think Ching would have actually made a difference? meh.

There is a FIFA forum btw just look up.

I don't have the game with me right now and since I use whatever the game gives me I can't tell you if Ching is on there or not.I know Davies is on there instead of being off for his injury so idk

aye.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Ching isn't in the starting XI to begin with, he's in the reserves. So if you really wanted to, you could put him on the starting XI.
I wouldn't, though. I used him in several matches and we was just weak compared to Altidore, Dempsey, Donovan and Gomez.
Back to the reserves he went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrinity
Haha, anyways, just hoping they let you make your own cuts or something. Even though I highly doubt it.
And you get to set your final 23 to whatever you want before going into group play, so, again if you really wanted to you could put him in there. I'd advise against it though.

Last edited by NoDakHusker; 06-27-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Ching isn't in the starting XI to begin with, he's in the reserves. So if you really wanted to, you could put him on the starting XI.
I wouldn't, though. I used him in several matches and we was just weak compared to Altidore, Dempsey, Donovan and Gomez.
Back to the reserves he went.

And you get to set your final 23 to whatever you want before going into group play, so, again if you really wanted to you could put him in there. I'd advise against it though.
Thanks. I'm a Houston Dynamo fan, so I would definitely have to move him into the starting XI.

And to guy asking if I think Ching would've actually made a difference, maybe not, but maybe so. I'm not the only one who thinks so though. There were a bunch of articles criticizing his decision to leave Ching off the team. Ching was the only forward to play in a World Cup before. Experience > Inexperience. That simple. Would we have won the whole thing if Brian Ching had been on the team? No. But I think we would've been better prepared at the forward position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

Gaining experience for the future > 32 years old
Old 06-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Sorry to hijack but I'd rather ask another question here than create another thread. What half length do you guys play on to have the most realistic result?
Old 06-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #8
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

10 minutes slow, 8 minutes normal, 6 minutes fast

Although some people say 15 minutes slow is better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »