Home

Diouf Deleted by EA in Update?

This is a discussion on Diouf Deleted by EA in Update? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 02:07 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Diouf Deleted by EA in Update?

Can someone confirm this? I'm playing Qualification with Senegal, and I noticed Diouf was in the team reserves. I moved him up to starting striker, and he became my leading goal scorer. Well, I connected my xbox to Live and updated the rosters. Diouf is now gone from the Senegal roster. At first I didn't understand, but I just found an article online saying Diouf is retired, so it makes sense he was deleted. However, when I select "Reset All Squads" (AKA should be going back to default rosters), Diouf is still missing. Did the update delete Diouf from the game permanently unless I take my Hard Drive out of my Xbox?

Could someone confirm this? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Diouf Deleted by EA in Update?

I cant verify for you....

But I do know i was going through qualification with senegal, i made him my starting striker as well, and at some point he just disappeared from my roster and never came back. I dont recall if i downloaded an updated roster at all when i had that qualification save.

if i did, it shouldn't remove him from an existing save...unless maybe it did remove him from the game permanently.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17

Can someone people upload the latest roster and if possible, the Title Update? I dont have Live
Old 07-14-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
Pro

Yeah, that's the weird part. He disappeared from my roster in my qualification save. It's cool if they deleted him from the game, but why did it remove him from an existing save? So annoying
Old 07-17-2010, 03:57 AM   #5
Pro

So even though he doesn't show up in the roster, if you look at the "Story of Qualification" and do the first African challenge, it's Senegal versus Gambia, and Diouf is back. This makes no sense!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #6
Rookie

adun_79's Arena

OVR: 4

He retired from the national team in 2009, that's why he's not available anymore. Same thing happens with Contra, the RB for Romania: you can start the campaign with him but in 2009 he just disappears.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:29 AM   #7
jb1
Rookie

OVR: 7

I also noticed this with Dwight Yorke, he was in my Trinidad and Tobago team until 2009 when he retired. It would be nice if the game explained why the players just dissapear,like in the news section. It may do this already but I haven't spotted it.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:24 AM   #8
Pro

Ah now that makes sense. My game just kept saying he was injured in thr news and may miss several matches but he always wound up being fine. Then he simply disappeared.

The real question though is why is Diouf still gone when i do Reset Squads and play a normal kickoff game? Is he not in the default roster, but instead only shows up if you do the qualification?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »