Home

My Liverpool Team

This is a discussion on My Liverpool Team within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
My Liverpool Team

I'm playing as Liverpool in manager mode. Here is my roster after a few transfers...

ST- Fernando Torres
CF- Ronaldinho
LM- Aaron Lennon
RM- Theo Walcott
LCM- David Beckham
RCM- Steven Gerrard
LB- Patrice Evra
LCB- Kolo Toure
RCB- Jamie Carragher
RB- Glen Johnson
GK- Pepe Reina

I loaned Javier Mascherano to Bayern Munich for a season to free up enough money to bring in Beckham and Ronaldinho (who combine for a ridiculous amount per week, I think it's about 220).

I signed both Beckham and Ronaldinho to one year contracts so I can re-sign them for cheaper once the season is up.

I constructed the team so Lennon and Walcott can fly down the sidelines with Beckham, Gerrard, and Ronaldinho looking for through balls to them or Torres.

Thoughts, suggestions on how I could improve my team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24
Re: My Liverpool Team

Just from looking quickly at your team. Beckham is not a central midfielder, can't tackle to save his life. He belongs on the right wing. Same as Aaron Lennon. He is not a left winger.

I personally would choose between Walcott, Lennon & Beckham as your right winger. Bring in a natural left winger and a defensive midfielder to play alongside Gerrard.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
Just from looking quickly at your team. Beckham is not a central midfielder, can't tackle to save his life. He belongs on the right wing. Same as Aaron Lennon. He is not a left winger.

I personally would choose between Walcott, Lennon & Beckham as your right winger. Bring in a natural left winger and a defensive midfielder to play alongside Gerrard.
I definitely agree with you about the left winger. There was no one that I really liked, and I noticed one of Lennon's preferred positions was LM so I stuck him there.

I had toyed with the idea of playing Gerrard at LM, Beckham at RM, and picking up Essien and Gareth Barry to play the CM spots. But there is not nearly enough speed on the outside when I play that lineup.

I know I definitely want to keep Gerrard at CM because his long shots are lethal. And you're right about Beckham, despite his playmaking ability I should get him out of the middle. I should start him at RM and use Walcott as his sub.

That LM position is killing me though, I don't know who to play there.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder

That LM position is killing me though, I don't know who to play there.
Hmm, maybe Ashley Young, Arjen Robben or David Silva?
Old 07-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Hmm, maybe Ashley Young, Arjen Robben or David Silva?
Ashley Young is a good possibility because I think I could afford him, I'll check it out thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Ashley Young is a good possibility because I think I could afford him, I'll check it out thanks!
No problem. Who do you have in mind to play alongside Gerrard if you decide to change your lineup? Mascherano would have been good had you not loaned him out. Gilberto Silva would be solid or perhaps Diego Perez.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #7
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
No problem. Who do you have in mind to play alongside Gerrard if you decide to change your lineup? Mascherano would have been good had you not loaned him out. Gilberto Silva would be solid or perhaps Diego Perez.

I might go with Essien. I can get him for like 78 per week. When I loan out Mascherano, his 130 a week is gone and I can bring in Essien and have enough money for Ashley Young.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »