Home

Fifa PC vs consoles

This is a discussion on Fifa PC vs consoles within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #17
Rookie

cheesesteak's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Fifa PC vs consoles

PC gameplay demo. Look dang good. If you look closely you can small differences in the UI. But other than that, looks virtually the same

edit: but i'm reading fifa11 PC is just an updated fifa10. It doesn't have new console features like personality+, pro passing, be a goalkeeper, or the new career mode. Now it's up in the air if i get PC version...

Oregon State Beavers
Gonzaga Bulldogs

Last edited by cheesesteak; 09-14-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak
Well, this'll be the first time the PC version has the identical engine of the console versions. However, I understand there's more modding/customization available on the PC version.
...sometimes the PC version is even better than the console one for some games.

Here's the official video from EA Sports:

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/me...1-PC-Interview
Old 09-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm interested to see what the code looks like. i hope we can change the physics of the ball because the ball in the air just doesn't seem to look right. Should be more like PES6, rather than a floating ping pong ball of FIFA...
Old 09-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Can you discuss some other gameplay specific issues the console versions have.
I don't play FIFA console. Only PC. The console version cannot be edited like PC, so you are only able to fix gameplay problems on the PC version.

Quote:
Do these mods slow down the pace of the game, make the CPU use their midfield/set up possession? Or is it still route 1 football where the whomever gets possession can't wait to get it to the striker and it is always attack,attack, attack?
There are many many ways to slow down the pace of the game on PC. Route 1 football is no longer an issue in my game because it can be easily fixed. I've adjusted goalkeepers, player to player collision, shot accuracy, among other things to make successful buildup more of a result of patience rather then butting mashing and just outrunning people. (which doesn't happen in real soccer)

Quote:
Are good non striker CPU players dangerous when playing against them?
Yes. Every player is dangerous, however the best players have the best footwork and passing so they can sometimes make plays others can't. but in open space, every player feels like he is a threat at any time. It becomes about how your defenders are positioned rather then luck of the draw.

Quote:
Is there more variety in who gets involved on the action, meaning do midfielders and defensemen look to score or move forward and attack when the opportunity is presented, or are they "stuck" to their pre-determined area on the pitch?
the best thing about the gameplay balancing is you can make it so every match is different. If you play a CPU team with "total football", then there is even more of a chance that defenders and midfielders can look to score at times. the way things work in my game is defenders stay back most of the time, except sometimes WBs. midfielders are the ones that get tired the quickest because they are constantly moving. but this specific problem hopefully will be improved soon.

Quote:
Thanks if you can answer any of these questions.
Anytime man. finding the right balance on the PC version isn't easy. but it's rewarding.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #21
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I wanted to buy the FIFA 10 download so I tried the demo first and it just doesnt play silky smooth like consoles. I don't have the best PC but it is fairly strong. I have a intel I3 2.93ghz processor, an upgraded 1gb ATI Radeon video card and 6MB of RAM. Still for some reason it felt a bit slow, but very playable. I guess I'm just spoiled by console gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 08:18 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I wanted to buy the FIFA 10 download so I tried the demo first and it just doesnt play silky smooth like consoles. I don't have the best PC but it is fairly strong. I have a intel I3 2.93ghz processor, an upgraded 1gb ATI Radeon video card and 6MB of RAM. Still for some reason it felt a bit slow, but very playable. I guess I'm just spoiled by console gaming.
PM me if you want to know some quick ways to make it silky smooth. my fifa 10 PC is silky smooth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »